Sunday, October 28, 2007

We decided to go for a little bike ride on Sunday and take some pictures of campus for those of you who will probably never make it out here. The campus is really pretty, lots of trees and all the buildings are off white and tan. I can't tell you the exact size but I would guess its two or three miles long by a 1/2 mile wide. The buildings are mostly bunched together and the tallest one is about 10 stories. Each college has its own library, which is pretty cool. I guess you have to do that with 46,000 students.

Joni always finds a good shot, I wonder if anyone else has ever done that before?

My building...looks pretty boring. One of the newer buildings on campus, Joni calls it the wiener building, its actually Wehner (way...ner).

Campus is shady for the most part, I have no idea if the trees will shed their leaves or not. We love all the crooked branches. I attached a video below that hopefully works, we wanted to invite ya'll on a bike ride with us, we tried to switch holding the camera while it was recording on another video but that didn't work out so well. I saw President Bush the first last night which was cool because I have never seen a President in real life. I guess he is here all the time, he has an apartment and his own little fly fishing pond on campus by his library. There are so many cool buildings and hangouts that I wish I could show all of you, but I guess if you want the real experience you'll just have to come. Enjoy the bike ride with us.

By the way, I think there is a mile high city curse. Did anyone else notice that the Rockies amazing streak happened while the Broncos lost 3 weeks in a row? Then the Broncos won, and the Rockies got swept. You can never have both teams be successful in Denver, My money is on the Broncos for Monday Night Football.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...can I say I am so jealous of your weather. I just got back from running and I wish I was running in 75 degree weather instead of a cold 50. It seems like it take me forever to warm up in the mornings after that.
I love the video. I'll have to show it to the kids when they wake up, maybe it will help cure Bess's addiction to constantly phone pranking you!
So when did you see President Bush? Like was he giving a speach or was he just quietly walking down the sidewalk by himself (well besides all his bodyguards) and he happened to notice it was him? Are you kind of famous now?

Paul and Joni said...

Actually it was at the football game that I saw him. For obvious reasons, nobody knew about it ahead of time. They were doing a big tribute to the military, when all of the sudden, they announced, "To honor our veterans tonight, President George Bush and Seceratary of Defense Robert Gates..." Everyone went crazy, it was wierd.
When he works out at the Rec center he has a bodyguard on each side of his treadmill.

Maude said...

Looks very fun. I'll take you up on that bike ride, for sure! Again, you and Joni crack me us - - -Joni videoing; Joni saying, "oops;" Paul saying, "Watch out for that curb." Good bike safety video, you two! Love you!

Maude said...

Oops - - -"up," not us. Think I need a keyboarding class?

Anonymous said...

The campus looks beautiful!!
We miss the Falls/Winters of Vegas which were much like they are in Texas!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. Video taping while you ride a bike - and not crashing. Sounds like Texas is growing on you guys a bit.

I wonder how students get around in a campus that's 3 miles long. That's nuts. You've got to have a bike unless you're lucky and have all your classes in one building.

Anonymous said...

That was a very innovative blog, Paul (and Joni). You really do live in a wonderful spot for graduate school. We're glad to see you take pride in the campus. I liked the Texas hat on Joni and her power packed pistols.

I am very pleased with the Rockies. They came so much further than anyone ever dreamed. They are champions of the National League, and our city is now part of the big leagues with a higher level of sophistication about baseball. The Boston Red Socks are truly awesome. We watched every game feeling our team could have done better, but it was just a thrill to have been in the World Series. Love, Dad

Melecia said...

Thanks for taking us on a bike ride with you! Our kids are playing your videos over and over again for entertainment.
Love,
Melecia

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,