Monday, July 21, 2008

I've had a busy couple of weeks...I never like how everyone says they are so busy that they don't have time to do anything...so I won't say it. I think life needs to feel busy, and if you feel that way then maybe you are on the right track. Plus, it definately helps you to enjoy the little things that make you sit back and reflect. I was sitting down to write a blog and then the missionaries called me because they missed the bus and needed a ride home, its fun to take time out of things to help people. That's a necessity in my opinion as far as being a good supervisor and a good parent. Take time out of your busy schedule when someone needs you...where am I going with all this? I swear sometimes I don't know why I sit down and write, but I just do it, and my thoughts come out.

It's Joni's birthday tomorrow. I feel so bad that: 1) I'm not there 2) That she's alone 3) That the two things she wanted didn't work out (long story) 4) That because of that I didn't get her anything besides a couple small things from the mall. I'm horrible when it comes to gift giving, but I think my guilt also comes from being married to the master of gift giving. Joni is so incredibly thoughtful and caring. She buys the older people in her nursing home their favorite candies and drinks, and surprises them with it just to make their day. She is so incredibly sweet to strangers and people who don't always treat her right. Even if I don't tell her what I want for my birthday, she'll get me all kinds of thoughtful little things that she knows I would appreciate. This quality makes Joni very attractive.

She found out that I wanted to hide skittles and a cake in the house, and told me not to because what kind of dietitian wants an entire cake at home to themselves? So that's my dilemma, I'm 1,000 miles away feeling like a turd of a husband because my wife is such a better person than I am. And yet she sticks with me and laughs at my lame jokes. What does a guy like me give a girl like that for her birthday? I promise Joni, I'll make up for it when we go to Chicago. For now, all I can say is that I love you, I miss you, and I hope that your 27th birthday is your best yet.

The distance has been tough, but Joni and I have had some great conversations that we never would have had under other circumstances. I guess the biggest thing that I'm worried about is that because Jed left this last weekend, Joni will be experiencing a little bit of what I went through being alone, but she'll be going through it on her birthday. I'm thankful for the time Joni and I have gotten to spend together. And I'm thankful I have spent about 5 birthdays with her so far, I can't wait to see her again...3 more weeks. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONI!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Happy Birthday to another wonderful woman on Wednesday, my big sis!

5 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Your blog teared me up, Paul. I can really relate to your strong sentiment about having a darling wife. When you write your random thoughts it's easy to pick up what's in your heart. Very touching, indeed! Joni is lucky to have a husband whose right brain functions so well. You are an example to all of us how to be thoughtful and caring. I'm sure you will know what to say and do to maintain your marvelous relationship with Joni.

Love, Dad

Andrea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JONI!!!!

Paul and Joni said...

Paul you are the best of the best. Thanks for all you do!

JONI

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Joni:

Happy Birthday!!! You are a wonderful gal and we love you!

Paul, you are a great husband and I know Joni must be tickled to her toes with that sweet birthday tribute from you. You two are such a great example to all of us and we appreciate your thoughts!!

Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,