Sunday, September 18, 2011

I don't want our blog to fall of the face of the earth like so many often do, so I'm literally forcing myself to make time to put some things down for memories sake.

I just returned from a long week in Boston for work. I love the east coast, and Boston is a really fun city. I wish I would have taken some pictures but I'm a man, and that doesn't usually happen unless Joni forces me to which she didn't this time, so sorry. The highlight was going on a Segway tour of the city. It's funny because I always thought that people on Segways looked like HUGE nerds and I never had the desire to try it. Segways look like a 2 wheeled pedastol with handlebars.

It was probably one of the funnest things I have ever done, I would take a Segway over a Ferrari any day of the week, and I'm not even kidding. The cool thing about the tour is that they don't allow you to go on the sidewalks in Boston so we were riding through traffic during rush hour on a Monday. People were yelling and honking, and once you got over the fact that you looked like a total fool it was awesome. Let the people yelling and honking be jealous and look like fools as I wave to them politely and blow kisses from my Segway. We went through the entire city as the sun was going down, a couple of people crashed which was also suprisingly funny, but it was all fun and we were safe in the end.

We just went through our latest move before I left for Boston last week. This is our 12th home since we've been married, that just sounds wrong. We'll post some pictures soon, we really love this house, it's really unique and there are plenty of stairs for Ellie to climb. Joni is leaving me for a conference in San Diego this week, so Ellie and I will have some Daddy/Daughter time for a few days.

I feel like we have to keep taking so many pictures because our little girl is growing up so fast.

Ellie has been sick, it's really sad to hear her cough and really gross that snot is constantly pouring out her nose (sorry that's gross). I was wrestling with her earlier and she kept wiping her nose on my shirt (sorry again). She is a handful but we are so crazy about her. We are starting to think about time outs for bad behavior but we haven't started that one yet. I don't know if this is wrong but she has been biting a lot lately, and all I want to do is bite her back. Not sure how to teach her that it's wrong but we are learning.

Life has been wierd here lately. There was the shooting at the IHOP 10 minutes from our house, and then the plane crash at the Reno Air races on Friday. It's strange to be so close to these types of things that are national news. I flew to Boston on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 too. It seems like there have been a lot of happenings lately that make you realize how fragile life can be. I think I can say we are very happy, and our little town is really growing on us.

3 comments:

Maude said...

Thanks for the update, Paul - - although I would have liked a photo of you buzzing through traffic on your Segway. I've been trying to talk Jim into one for our Ashton Hill, but no deal yet. I think they look way fun.

So sorry Ellie has been sick. The age of nursery/day care has good and bad elements; one of the bads is catching every bug known to man. Our old Colorado pediatrician used to call them "ptomaine pits."

Wish I were closer to help with Ellie while Joni's gone. Sounds like a fun trip for her.

Love you all lots.
Maude

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It was nice to hear from you Paul. We've missed you lots. Good laughs. food and fun almost daily when you were here. Ellie looks adorable. The biting is not one to let go by. Call me and I'll give you some ideas. Sounds like you are a true Boston man. Do you have a "B" baseball cap yet? The Patriots are a great team to cheer for. Susan's family lived near Boston so we keep some loyalty to the teams there.

Lots of love from Dad and Susan

Anonymous said...

I like the image of you blowing kisses from your segway! I'll have to try one of those sometime. I hope Ellie is feeling better and Joni has a great time at her conference!

Love,

Melecia