Thursday, August 24, 2006

One of those Days

Today was a Thursday...I could pretty much sum it all up in a couple of sentences. Joni's car broke down for the third time in a month and I went to see if I could do anything (like I am a mechanic or something) Upon arrival I got out the trusty jumper cables that seemed to start to melt in my hands before I even got to the engine. Sweat was already pouring down my hairless head, which actually increases the speed of the sweat by the way, but since my head is so enormous it took a while to get to my eyes. Anyways, after getting in and out of my truck three or four times I decided the situation would be a lot better if I locked my keys in the car while it was running...so I did. Several phone calls and 45 minutes later I was still stuck outside my car next the dead green machine that I know I cursed from calling it the green terd a couple of blogs ago. So now is the great question, do I hold on and see if the car can be fixed, or do I turn this blog into a eulogy and take out a loan on a newer car with ac, a working stereo, and door handles and rims that don't fall off (and spoilers too)? Since we live in Texas the other option is to park the car in someone's yard and think about all the good times we had with it. These are the moments that I really wish I could be on the Price is Right. Isn't it crazy how many people seem to get a free ride in life? (no pun intended) I am actually glad I am not one of them because then I wouldn't have had anything to write about in my blog today. Here's a question, if you were on the Price is Right, would you give Bob Barker a kiss on the cheek if you got called on stage? I think I would. I guess my Thursday was summed up in a little more than two sentences.

Joni update: Aside from the stuff with the car, she is learning more than she could ever have imagined. She works alongside some of the best dieticians in the country and she always fascinates me with how much she knows about medical stuff. I really think she is establishing a good reputation, that someday will generate the big $, then I can sit home all day eating ice cream and watching "Passions" and "Maury" all day long. I feel like a little kid always asking questions even though I will never understand what she is talking about. Last night we had a big storm and Joni got so excited that she ran out on the porch...forgetting that she only had on her whitey's. The face she made as soon as she realized it was priceless, use your imagination.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the mechanics. Especially the running truck thing. A banner day for Pablo and his huge dome. Wait a minute...I'm supposed to have a huge dome too then sice people say we look similar...I take it all back...your dome is lovely.

If it makes you feel any better, my beater car has been in the shop 4 times this month too...I think it feels more loved there or something. I'm literally on a first name basis with the mechanic.

To answer your question...I'd plant a big smootch on Bob Barker's lips if he gave me a new car.

Anonymous said...

First, I would totally win the dining room, the shiny new blue Ford Taurus, and the $10,000 in Plinko. Bob would be kissing ME.

I also want to add that I am not usually all that entertained by blogs. However, y'all (I can do it too) have converted me. I am in love with the entire Moore family (except Joel).

Anonymous said...

Here's a little pointer for the next time you have to jump the terd-of-all-greenness; have a can of wasp spray handy. That way when the rubber on the jumper cables catches fire (which it will) you will have somthing to spray on the fire. This will be handy because the wasp spray nicely spreads the fire over the entire engine. Even though you may have intended to put the fire out with the spray, this effect is more entertaining.

Anonymous said...

The tears are streaming down my face...got to love life!!
If it wasn't for all the garbage we endour we wouldn't be able to be happy about the quiet and simple things that occur!
Love the Moore boys...one a lot more than the others!

Anonymous said...

PS. Love J-Loel
J-Lo has nothin' on you

Anonymous said...

When you decide to go to the Price is Right and win Joni her mini-van let me know. I have been there and know the tricks of actually making it inside. And for sure I would kiss Bob Barker. He's a legend! And we all know he is one of your IDOLS!

Anonymous said...

I laughed - - -and cried. "Don't sweat the small stuff - - -the aggravating, exasperating, expensive small stuff! You write so we all identify. Now if we can just get Joel to write one, about his adventures and misadventures (bike wrecks, hit-and-run drivers, etc.) I'll not have to read anything else but these entertaining blogs. You guys give Dave a run for his money. :)

Moore Family said...

Sorry about the car Paul. How many miles did you have on that green toilet submarine anyway? At 200K miles, I sold old Mary for $800 – pretty good deal considering she had never broken down on me. She had her share of problems though – paint and siding coming off, one door wouldn’t open, no a/c, broken fuel gauge and you had to pry open the gas tank. I think I would have kept her if I could have fixed the a/c. It was hard to see her go... she was like an old faithful girlfriend. -Glen

Anonymous said...

I totally feel for you. My Prizm pulled the same tricks on me.

Paul, you maybe should invest in a head band to keep the sweat out of the eyes. I know most people just use them for working out, but you could make them the style for hair-impaired men.

Joni, I knew you were going to blow them out of the water down there!

Keep on bloggin!