Wednesday, October 4, 2006

ramen and meatballs

Just another midnight post. I get working so hard on my late shifts that when I get home it takes me awhile to settle down. Last night our friends Josh and Amanda stayed here with thier two little girls on thier way to Houston, where they will be living for a while. It is cool to not feel so alone out here in the "lone" star state...now we have freinds from Logan in Texas, even though they are still 4 hours away. I want to see how many people we can cram into our one bedroom apartment, so everyone is invited at a future date. Last night was the second night we actually "hung out" with another couple since moving here, the last time was when we had dinner with a girl in Joni's internship and her husband who is studying to be a baptist minister.

Anyways...I have been hearing about everyone deciding what they wanted to be for halloween and I am getting a bit jealous. The lion and the lamb ideas are already taken (I want to be the lamb, Joni can be the lion), my e-wok costume is long gone and probably too hot here anyways, I have already dressed up like a woman too many times so I can't do that anymore, and Meg already has dibs on the "queen of the devils", so I am squandering for ideas now. Last time Joni and I dressed up I was Zorro and she was my hot latin lady. I thought the mask would be a good diguise but everyone recognized me at the halloween dance. probably because Zorro couldn't hide his double chin, or his big goofy smile because he thought he was really Zorro. It was funny because I grew the real mustache and soul patch but I had to use mascara to make it look better, then every time we had our picture taken I couldn't keep a straight face...I can't smile like Zorro I guess. By the way, don't tell me to dress up like white trash because everyone around here will ask why I am not wearing a costume. Joni took me to a monster truck rally a couple years ago...I wore a camo Ford hat and a flanel with the sleeves cut off, and I bought Joni a "Gravedigger" shirt and we fit right in...we still have those costumes by the way. We are trying to keep them all so that we can have a chest full of costumes like I used to have as a kid, those were some good memories. So I have my own little recipe I want to share with everyone...healthy or not it is my new pre-bedtime snack (it actually sounds more like a meal than a snack). I cook ramen noodles, but instead of using the little packet for flavor, I drain the water and put the noodles in a frying pan and drench them in teriyaki(had to look in the fridge to spell it) sauce. Then I add my favorite little meatballs (from a bag) and thats it. You cook it just long enough until the noodles are sticky from the sauce. It works out great because Joni likes to drink the sauce packets I don't use as a broth, so everyone is happy. Just don't use too much teriyaki. I need a name for it now, just don't tell me ramen and meatballs because that is its temporary name until we think of something cooler.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great balls of Ramiyaki!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you guys dressed up for the demolition derby. Here's an idea for you. My friend, Brandon Taggart, got a big silver serving tray, glued his name in rope to the tray, strapped a belt on it and wore it as a monster belt buckle to the rodeo. He ALMOST didn't come out alive, but it was funny. Give it a try!

Paul and Joni said...

good ideas, thats a pretty good name Steve. We dressed up for monster trucks, I don't know if I dare do it for a demolition derby because everyone goes there looking for something to crush anyways.

Anonymous said...

You could always be a pirate, arrrrgh!

I thought "Chang boy-ar-dee". I don't know how to spell that and it's probably a tad racist, but I liked Stevie lee lewis's name too (what a clever boy).

Ooo, how about. . .nah . . that's kind of gross.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a pirate. Johnnie Depp made quite a splash as Captain Jack Spratt in Pirates of the Carribean. I understand people would die to have a grave digger outfit. Hannah wants to be Glenda, the good witch in Wizard of Oz. I will pass as a tired old man. I'd like to try your cool recipe. Dad

Anonymous said...

Jack Spratt? It appears that twinkle toes has his nursery rhymes and movies mixed up a bit. He always was slightly mixed up in the head though.

Jack Spratt could eat no fat,
His wife could eat no lean;
And so between the two of them,
They licked the platter clean.

That could make a mean sequel though.

Paul and Joni said...

Joel, you're alive!

Anonymous said...

I like Steve's, too - - or change it a bit and have "Ramiyucki!" Or, since you have the meatball thing goin', maybe "Sparami with Meatballs?" --- Oh well! You've always dreamed up clever costumes, so I'm sure you'll think of something great. I still remember when you were the bent old lady with the gray wig. awesome!

Yes, Joel - - good to see you can still write a sentence about somethig besides microbial populations and under-ice water columns :)

Anonymous said...

Are you really dressing up for halloween? Then what do you do after you dress up?

Anonymous said...

SL Lewis needs to get his story straight. The name from the old story is "Fairy Toes." I wish you'd get your names straight!
J. Spratt

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm alive. I'll do another blog soon. Its a long story (Hey! blog material!) but I've been floored with work. I've gotta say that mom is the best, she helped me do a work-by-word editing of the whole thing.

Thanks Mom!

Anonymous said...

Jack Spratt, that made me laugh.

Paul and Joni said...

Thats the cool thing about halloween silly kendi. You can dress up and then it doesn't matter what you do. You could walk around like a freak but it is okay cause its halloween. Maybe we'll go to 7-11 and get slurpees, just as long as the clerk doesn't think we're robbing the place. Halloween is the one night you can go out dressed in whatever you want and it is not a big deal...or you can sit in your costume at home by yourself and watch tv...which is probably what I'll do. Is there a Broncos game on halloween?

Paul and Joni said...

I think Steve wins on the name thing, congrats...you win a prize. I'll make you great balls of ramiyaki next time I see you.

Anonymous said...

This is a little late... and off the subject... but just to clarify, I don't drink the flavor packet plain. I make broth and eat it with crackers. I would, however, pay someone 1-3$ to eat a flavor packet by itself.
JONI

Paul and Joni said...

good thing Joni is on a budget, 1 to 3 dollars is a pretty big range for a bet...make up your melon jonehole.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,