Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I am nursing a mild turkey hangover today. I have had turkey sandwiches every day since last Saturday and last night was about all I could handle. Plus, we ate with a bunch of Joni's friends and thier families last night and I think the Martinelli's might have been alchohlic. I didn't think anything of it because I never really liked the taste of Martinelli's sparklling cider, so I gulped it down to get it out of the way, then Joni told me later she thought it was spiked a little bit. Does Martinelli's even make alchoholic cider? If so...ooops...maybe that is where my headache this morning is from. Consider this my confession even though I didn't know.
So I officially feel cool at 24 Hour Fitness now. The other day one of the main guys from the show "Prison Break" came in to work out. And I found out that former Forty-niner and Cowboy pro bowler Charles Haley works out every day there. It is funny to see famous people in person, it is kind of exciting at first, then you realize that they are normal people too, and it is wierd.
Joni and I teach the 6-7-8 year olds in primary as opposed to the 10-11 year olds...which leads me to a quick "venting" session. I know I was a little misbehaved but this is just plain cruel. The two craziest kids in primary are in our class. One little girl named Hannah is in a wheelchair, she is really sweet when she wants to be but she throws a lot of fits and you have to keep her entertained all of the time. I think she also has cerebral paulsey. Last week she ended up tearing apart our visual lesson, but at least it kept her quiet and busy for 5 minutes. The other tough one...and I mean TOUGH to handle...is a boy named Isaac who also suffers from a disabilty of some sorts. He wears diapers and jumps up and down and tries to run away every 5 seconds. He loves to scream loud and spit and hit too, and he isn't small, he is a thick and strong little guy. We have never been more physically drained after 2 hours then we were for our first day. It is one of the most challenging callings I have ever faced and I thought it was going to be easy. I seriously don't know what to do, we need two people to give all of thier attention to these two kids and one other person to teach the poor kids who are trying to pay attention amid all of the chaos. I feel even worse for Joni because I work two Sundays a month. Everyone kept saying they were acting up because we were new, but with my job there will be a sub in there with Joni twice a month. I know everyone is going to tell us, "it will be good in the long run and rewarding" or that "maybe we are being prepared for something" but come on, I get a headache just thinking about going back on Sunday. Okay, enough of the venting...for now anyways. I need a major attitude change or an "uplift" of some sorts to get through this one. Maybe I am just mad because the Broncos lost again. Plus I just wrote an e-mail to some guy who works for the Denver Post who wrote a negative article about the Broncos...it was actually pretty fun to do...I heckled him a bit. Hope everyone is enjoying thier time off, Happy Holidays!
Friday, November 24, 2006
Challenges and famous people
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
What a weekend, hmmm? The highs and the lows all in one short period! I agree with you about famous people. We have a friend who flies private planes with Harrison Ford (who has a place in Jackson) sometimes, and he tells the funniest stories about how "ordinary and down-home" he is. I'll have a share one of the funny stories with you sometime.
Sorry about your class. It sound really tough - - -and ripping up the lesson materials, etc. is not acceptable behavior for the rest of the class to experience, no matter what the disability. Have you talked to the parents? They might have ideas of what works - - -or you might ask them to come in if things don't improve. Amazing what having a child's parent sitting in the class does for his/her behavior! Maybe they need to be the substitutes on those weeks you can't be there. Just a thought. I had a student like that one year and we had a permanent "time out" location where he could go with an adult to "depressurize and get some control." Sounds like more hands are needed on deck, for sure! We'll be praying for you on that one, but consider including the Bishop in your concerns, okay?
The Broncos game was disappointing; both the offense and defense let down, apparently. (Didn't get to see the game, as we were in the middle of much company, but read about it later.) Joel made a good point, I thought: Denver seems to need a scapegoat. Right now it's Jake, but the running game was ineffective, as well as the defense. They forget that Elway had his problems early on. Maybe Shannihan will be the next scapegoat?
As ever, your ventilating is appreciated. I agree with your Mom's advice. The teachers, and the kids who are exposed to that kind of behavior need as much nuturing and guidance as the disabled kids. The Sunday School President and Bishopric should be appraised not only about the behaviors you are trying to deal with, but about your feelings in the calling as well.
I think scapegoating Jake was a factor at first, but now it's obvious he is struggling and is inconsistent. He has set some records, but his play isn't going to pass with a franchise that expects so much as the Broncos. He has had to follow John Elway, and the rookie who appears to be next, is shining bright in everybody's eyes these days. Time will tell. It's wonderful to have such a passion for our team.
We had 18 people for Thanksgiving and all the 21 pound turkey and trimmings were devoured. We had 13 young adult males with big appetites. We played our own football, racquetball, swimming, and enjoyed the new James Bond movie. Hope your Thanksgiving was memorable, and know that we missed you, and love you. Dad
I was really upset after the game last night too. I went on for like 10 minutes and then was like, Erin must think I'm insane to let this get to me. Jake is not Peyton Manning, but he was the least of the Broncos problems last night (30 yeards of rushing to 160 yards by the Chiefs !?). In sptie of this all they could talk about is Jake losing the job. I think Cutler will probably be fine but I can't help but blame Shanahan for setting this whole thing up. And Denver bronco fans, its good to expect a lot for your team, but read the Denver Press and talk about mob mentality!
Thanks for the advice guys, I have thought about mentioning something to the Bishop but I figure he will take it as just us complaining, because the little girl is his grandaughter. I don't want to bring the parents into it because I would think Sunday is thier only break from the kids. I may have to though if it continues. I was a little mad because the mother of Isaac was very unsympathetic and just said it was because we were new and he is testing his limits. But the primary president was in there with us for the last ten minutes and she could barely hold him down.
Thats a good analogy with the Denver media as "mob mentality". I tore that writer up because he was saying the Broncos season was already over. I feel bad for Jake too, but I think he is done. I think now is a better time than never to start Cutler because Jake is going to need to hire some body guards to protect him in his own stadium. Its too bad there has to be a scapegoat, but that is the way things go sometimes. Jake will be traded before next season no matter what anyways, so I guess now is the time for a change.
Glad you're hangover is over. We have a bottle of Martinelli's in he storage room - we better save it for a special occasion! That's tough about your class. It sounds like the family gave you some great advice already - I'll be waiting to hear what happens this week! Our primay has a lot of really tough kids too. You are good to think about the parents who need a break, but it's time they face up to what Isaac is doing. I think in order to keep up with the family, I need to watch more football. I consider myself a Broncos fan, but don't watch T.V. and have no idea who Jake or Cutler are. I think this means that I am no longer in tune with the Broncos, though I was there on the 50 yard line when Elway made his first drive at a preseason game. That's cool about meeting famous people at the gym. We go to the YMCA and see all our neighbors & friends there working out. It's a social event!
Good luck tomorrow.
I think I need a drink of that Martinelli's after listening to that Bronco game. Because it was on the NFL channel which nobody had, I listened to the whole thing on Cut Bank radio. Very frustrating! Problems with the defensive line, the running game and the QB. It would be a mistake to put Cutler in now, but I think it's his job next season. Being a quarterback is a tough job. I remember choking a pillow when Elway made bone headed decisions, and I find myself doing the same thing with Plummer every game. If it doesn't get any better, maybe Cutler deserves a chance.
It's official, I just read on espn.com that Plummer is to be benched for the rest of the season. Hope Cutler turns out to be all everyone hopes him to be. I am sad to see Jake go, but I am excited to see Cutler. This pretty much means Jake is done for the Broncs
From last night's news, Jake was very helpful about the change, and still hopes to help the team do its best. He and Jay Cutler get along well. Cutler says not to expect too much, but is excited to have the opportunity. Shanahan said he has hopes for Cutler to do well, but not to expect too much. He'll make mistakes, but shows promise. Playing in the NFL regular season is a lot more difficult than pre-season where Cutler did so well. The other team members admit their own mistakes, but feel good following the leadership of both quarterbacks. I'm really impressed with Jake's attitude and willingness to be a back up QB, something he never has had to do in his 12 years of leadership. We'll hope for the best. Sunday's game will be a real test for the team. Seattle is awesome. FMM
Seattle is awesome!! This is obviously Amanda posting this comment, if it were Josh, he would be right in on your Denver comments, it's going to be tense here on Sunday! =) We did see the news about Jake, seems like a good time for a change. Good luck with your Primary Class. We had a tough kid in our class when we were first married and I was pregnant and I got a little worried about what we had gotten ourselves into! Hope everything works out!
~A~
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment