I coudn't pass on this gem. I stand by our pledge long ago to not let any bad pic go unseen. I look like an enormous egg headed zombie and Joni looks like...Joni...after falling on her head too many times. The more I look at it the more I want to delete it. I couldn't find any pics of police to go with my story so this will have to do for now as a bad mug shot.
Last week I was the key witness to two police reports in two days at two different jobs. My co-workers make fun of me now because I am always the first one to be on the scene when something happens. One guy went as far as saying, "When Jesus comes he's going to come to you first so that you can tell everyone about it." I thought that was pretty funny, more in the way he said it than anything else. Anyways, I hesitate saying anything in case I am called in as a witness in court...but who is really going to read my blog anyways? Rhett, I am still wondering about the FBI and blog-reading? I always wondered who those people were that made millions from suing a company for the most rediculous things...I met one the other day. I won't go into long and boring details but this lady "claimed" to have slipped and fallen and broken her neck. I did everything I was supposed to do, I got her a blanket, and talked to her to keep her mind off of what was going on until the ambulance arrived. She even asked me to move her and I refused by saying that I wasn't going to touch her. Her act was good enough to be on the "young and the restless". She was moaning and shaking, and saying that she was just trying to finish Christmas shopping, but she had a bag of gutter screws and a placemat in her hand and she was in the lumber section. I could just see the whole christmas miracle in my mind...."Daddy, here is your 2x4 that you have been asking for, I hope you like it". She even took a break to answer her little pink cell phone when it rang. Now before you start judging me and thinking that maybe she really was hurt, the fireman got there and when they saw the whole situation they started joking around and pretending to fall...when she wasn't looking of course. When the paramedics got there, they couldn't see anything wrong with her, and were caught off guard about what to do at first. Sure enough, she was carted away on a stretcher. I'd hate to see her face when she realizes that Lowes won't foot the ambulance bill. It is only a matter of time before a laywer shows up. I am learning how different life is in a big city, not only because of the larger percentage of idiots and wierd people, but how often you have to trust your instincts. Thieves are everywhere here too, and I am getting a lot of experience learning the ways of thier trade.
The other police report wasn't so funny, which is why I won't go into it. But I was pretty disturbed and affected by the whole situation for a couple of days. Don't worry dad, I don't need therapy, it's just crazy when bad things happen to people you know, and even crazier when people you know do horrible things. Joni and I have learned a lot while here about being extremely cautious and aware of your surroundings. I will never leave a door unlocked again, or not look around before I get into or out of a car. We have talked about what to do in almost every situation so we feel pretty prepared for anything, but it is always good to be safe no matter where you are. If we would have stayed in Utah we probably would have continued to take for granted our safety. We never used to lock our doors or anything, but now we know how dumb that was to think like that.
I am about finished with my grad school applications and I will update you all when I hear something, we have some big decisions to make in the next few months pending the results of those applications. I STILL BELIEVE in the Broncos but things could quickly change if they lose to the Cardinals this week.


17 comments:
I'm going to be getting that image of Joni out of my head while I'm trying to go to sleep tonight, no offense. I've been walking home from campus to "the island" where I live in Logan and got creeped out last night because it was really dark (no moon). It's funny, I usually don't get spooked, and was doubly spooked when Kendi told me that men were being mugged walking alone in Logan this past week. I haven't heard about it but I've been going through my reaction in my head in case I am confronted with that kind of situation. I probably should just let myself get robbed but its hard not to think about kicking balls, punching, etc and then running like crazy. Oh yeah, after I take a picture of them with my camera phone.
I haven't heard of that, maybe its some college kids from dallas, freaky.
From Melecia - you guys look like those theatre masks where one is comedy and the other tragedy! We remember that you are both good looking, so don't think that a picture like that is going to turn us away - so sir! Paul - I'm not surprised that you are the first one on the seen - bright eyed and busy tailed. I can only imagine the "street smart" lessons you are learning in the Dallas area. I'm glad you and Joni are being smart and staying safe. Rhett says it is very easy to access your blog informaton, which is why RHett chooses not to blog (okay honey, and that you should not reveal where you live, your schedules, etc. I think that's funny because in my last blog I was so careful not to name our town, and then everyone says "Oh yes, I remember the good times we had in Fredericksburg!" (it's okay guys). I'm glad you won't be involved in a lawsuit, and remember that you don't have to wear a cape to have superpowers - being first on the scene could mean that you do!
Joni - I loved your story about the daisys. I'll bet you made that sweet woman' day!
Thanks a lot JOEL!!! Happy to know my face will haunt your dreams! Remind me to slap you next time I see you. :)
JONI
I'll second Melecia's comment - - -no matter how hard you try, we still love you and still think you're both CUTE! :)
It is freaky how many times you read about crazy law suits. Did you read in the paper yesterday about a Rabbi who was going to sue Sea-Tac airport for having Christmas trees but no giant menorah - - -so they took down the trees to avoid favoring one religion over another - - -and then he was going to sue them because they chose to do that rather than put up the menorah. Maybe he needs to take a PR class, 'cause I don't think he's helping his cause. Let us know about the lady - -sounds classic. Sorry about the other event. It sound serious, and hope all is okay.
Where are you applying besides Texas A & M? It will be fun to see how things work out for you.
Be careful - - -you too, Joel. My life is very safe when compared with yours - - -the warnings here are just about skunks, bears and mountain lions - - -or a mad moose.
I'm glad you are being cautious. This world of ours has become increasingly risky, and the news media reports violance, misdeads, and other frightening information abundantly. When I owned a small house to practice here in Longmont some years ago it was robbed by people seeking anything they could find to sell to keep up their drug habits. Last Sunday while we were having our missionary correlation meeting at 8:00 AM at the church Martin Woodbury's hubcaps from his old car were stolen. The best advice I've been given is to contact police immediately. Even if they can't catch the criminal immediately it defines your role as one who isn't going to try to be the police yourself. You were smart not to touch the lady, and let the proper authorities deal with it. There are certainly places in the country that are more safe than others, but I believe doors should be locked and other precautions made everywhere because you never know what evils are out there. Often people don't learn to be cautious until they get hurt. Both of you ugly mugs are very much loved and we adore your fun and humor. Dad
I remember reading online recently that Dallas is #1 for cars being broken into, and it's high in overall crime. Watch you backs. Even in our little quiet Salt Lake neighborhood, we have about 3 cars broken into on our Circle every year. My first job after college was working at a Juvenille Detention center and the kids would tell me how easy it was to steal car radios. Things like that make me mad.
Those pictures are horrible... send more.
Make sure you slap me hard, Joni. Maybe it will knock that image out of my head.
OK…..if ever I have seen a pictorial case for a sure thing admission into padded room heaven…..THAT is the picture. All I have to say is be VERY VERY careful….you know that old adage about if you get slapped on the back while making faces you’ll stick that way? I’m with Jubby, I’m having daymares that I’m sure will be worse once I fall asleep.
You guys would be best to quit while you're ahead. Paul put that picture up and he is in enough trouble!
JONI
OK OK....so I like it. Its a good picture. Maybe it wont give me nightmares, but it is really cool how people in my office scream or say "Holy Crap!!" when they walk by my computer and look at my new wallpaper.
LOL, I'm not sure what I like best about it: a) the mouth that looks like you are pulling back with your fingers but actually you aren't, b)the fact that you can point your nostrils to the camera, or c)your satan controlled eyeball (can you see the future with that one).
I know I'm in trouble, but I just can't resist it. Please, please, pleeease do another one.
I hadn't noticed the one eyeball so much. Sorry Joni, but that is a bit strange. (Of course, the person saying that is the least photogenic person in the world, so I won't say another word - - just hope the picture changes soon!) We fed the missionaries last night, and when I showed them the engagement photo of you and Paul, they were raving about beautiful you (and you truly are beautiful!) but my mind immediately went back to that blog photo. Puh-leeeeze consider changing it! :)
Believe it or not, I can actually do the eyeball thing on demand. I practice a lot after seeing that one guy on Water Boy.
JONI
Believe it or not, I can actually do the eyeball thing on demand. I practice a lot after seeing that one guy on Water Boy.
JONI
My mother taught that if you hold an ugly pose long enough it will stay that way forever. What would we do without mothers? FMM
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment