Sunday, April 8, 2007

Fun Easter



Today we drove out towards Fort Worth to have a grown up Easter egg hunt and a tour of the Grapevine fire station with some friends. I felt like I was 8 years old, but it was really fun. Joni has grown really close with some of her intern friends, and it was great for me to get to know some of them a little better too, since she seems to be around them more than me...at least for a couple more months.



One of the interns has a husband who is a firefighter/paramedic, and he took us on a tour of his station. We talked and joked around with some good old Texas fire fighters, and learned quite a bit about what they do. The coolest thing there besides the trucks was a big screen tv with at least 15 lazy boys surrounding it for the firefighters to watch movies. Brandon (picture above with the jaws of life) and I hid all the easter eggs for the girls, and we had a good time talking and stuffing ourselves with junk food. It is so cool to hang around with people who are so similar and yet so different as far as the direction we all plan on going in our lives. It is refreshing to get to know so many people who are genuinely good people, and who can be accepting of each other's differences. I hope to meet more people in my life that come from such different backgrounds, but that immediately click as a friend, it's really hard to explain...it's just really cool. I love that Glen and Kendi hang out with thier neighbors, I want to be that way with all of the people I come in contact with, no matter what they look like, or where they come from. By doing that I feel we can meet some of the most interesting people and make some of the most lasting impressions and friendships ever. One of the things that has kept me feeling positive in my unlikeable job is the daily contact I have with people who are so different from me, telling them embarrassing stories about myself, and laughing until our cheeks hurt. I don't know what got me going on this tangent, I just feel everyone needs to come out of thier shells a little more, because for every bad person there is out there, there are at least two good ones.

10 comments:

Maude said...

Awesome, fun pictures. Sounds like a really nice day. I agree with you about meeting people and about the vast majority of people being really basically GOOD. Seems that I learn something from everyone I meet.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you and Joni know how to have fun. You are fun to be with, and friends from all walks of life will be easy for you to obtain. You look like a real fire fighter. Love, Dad

Joel said...

I like those pictures. I laughed out loud at the on with all of the girls posing. Everyone in the background is cracking up an Joni looks dead serious. . . "Superstah!"

Did you get to drive the fire truck or did just let you turn the steering wheel, Pauly?

Unrelated, have you seen "Motorcycle Diaries" Paul? It's about the early life of "Che" Guarava, the Argentinian military revolutionist. It was an awesome movie (been on DVD for a while) but I thought of you because he toured through Argentina, Chile, and Peru on a motorcycle. The photography was awesome and the people they met were so real. Sorry, I didn't mean to go on a huge tangent.

Anonymous said...

That totally reminds me of a preschool field trip we took with Becca's class last year. You looked good driving the truck, (or turning the wheel). People are lucky to meet you and Joni too!
Glad you had a fun easter weekend!
-Melecia

Paul and Joni said...

I have heard of it but never seen it (motorcycle diaries) When I did my report on Castro a while back I learned a lot about Che, I'll have to see it. In the photo the girls are trying to spell "Enron", don't know why...and I really don't know what Joni is doing, maybe making the money sign, but I like the pic.

Joel said...

That's hilarious, and really random.

Anonymous said...

I want to go on a field trip! I always thought it would be really fun to steer the back half of one of those long fire engines. I saw a guy doing that the other day, and it looked really complicated. He had a headset and sat up really high. Must be hard to see the road ahead of you over about 100 feet of truck.

That's nice that you and Joni are making a lot of new friends. Joni has to be representing "money" in the picture.

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me miss you guys living closer. We loved visiting you guys because we always had the most random fun times with you. Can we come visit?

Paul and Joni said...

of course...duh?

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,