Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Happy Anniversary and stuff

Joni didn't quite make it to the camera in time for the picture...we liked this one

Been a busy week, sorry about the sideways picture. Joni and I celebrated three years together yesterday, I guess its more like four and a half years together, 3 years being married. We have made a tradition of going somewhere for our anniversary, so we went to a really cool bed and breakfast in Arlington and stayed in a little cottage...actually it was twice the size of our apartment so it was pretty nice. For some reason whenever we go places like this we end up being the only ones there, its really wierd but kind of nice. We still joke about this place we went to about an hour north of Logan that has natural hot springs. The place we stayed in was really nice, but it was creepy because it had big long hallways that reminded us of "The Shining", and you had to go down the hallway to use the restroom at full speed so the bad guys wouldn't get you. I remember as a kid in the Niwot house, I would walk slowly down the basement hallway after getting something from the pantry, peering into each room hoping not to see anyone...then I would superspeed once I got to the stairs...I never understood how Glen and Steve could stay down there. It was that same kind of feeling at the hot springs place, but the place last night was really nice and relaxing. Our honeymoon was very deserted too. We stayed in a hotel with 30 rooms, and most of them were not checked out, I think we just seem to find those places a lot...wierd.


I think you know when a good memory is taking place, because you wish you could share it with others when you are alone, or you wish the moment could last forever when you are with people you care about. We have had a lot of those moments lately. I wish you could all share some of the experiences we have had down here with us. I feel like we could live anywhere after this.


Joni's graduation was awesome, very funny, and very sad. I felt like I wanted to go up and hug people that I never met, because Joni knew them so well and I heard so many stories, but since I never met them I didn't want to scare them away. We had a truckload of estrogen in our house this last week...I've always wanted to say that. Along with Joni's intern friends, her mom, aunt, and sister I was feeling like I needed to watch ESPN and drink a beer, but since I don't drink beer or have ESPN I had the opportunity to observe a lot...which is fun too. We saw the place where Kennedy was shot, for the fourth time, but I still love it. This time the guy who was a writer for the movie "JFK" was there signing autographs and talking about conspiracies, which was really cool.

We found these really creepy looking teddy bears while sight seeing, it made me wonder who would spend the money to construct teddy bears made out of solid granite. They had to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Whenever I say "hundreds" or "thousands" I feel like Jack Bauer. "Thousands of people will die if you don't tell me where the chip is!"

We aren't moving now until July 1st...long story, and I only get more upset thinking about the reasons why, but I think everything will work out okay. Joni's new boss was very understanding, as was mine, and our landlords, and we get our first month's rent free because of the whole mess, and a couple of jobs MIGHT have just opened up in College Station for Joni...but we don't want to even think about anything new until it happens. So we'll keep you updated, but its just really funny how good fortune can change to bad, and then back to good again. I am taking Joni to the airport today so she can see all of her family before beginning her new job. I will be a bachelor for a week...kind of.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 3 years happily married. Time sure flies doesn't it?

You know, I got scared of that basement too. The furnace would make funny noises and it was always dark down there. It's silly, but I'd run up those stairs as fast as I could too because I imagined there was a scary ghost archer that was going to shoot me with his bow and arrow. I don't think Steve ever got scared down there, but I wouldn't want to have a room down there if I was alone. It was like a dungeon.

Paul and Joni said...

Ghost archer huh? I imagined the wolf headed man with a cape. Hey Joel, did you know Texas A&M's first football game is against Montana State? Wanna make a wager?

Anonymous said...

Great blog Paul - thanks for keeping us updated. I can just see you observing that "truck load" of estrogen, and wanting to hug people who you've heard about, but never met. I know everything will work out with your move, but I'm sure it's stressful. Have a good week of baching it. Livi and Becca have been asking to hear about my childhood fears, and I told them all about my series of "moon and mail" nighmares- about our mailbox and the moon coming to get me, and the "tuh tuh" thing in the basement that made noise when the wind blew - simple yet terrifying to a three year old! Love you!
Melecia

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn’t know that there was a ghost archer and a caped wolf headed guy that resided down there with us. The only time I remember being scared down there was after a bunch of my teen friends threw me a surprise birthday party where the movie they picked was Amityville Horror. I couldn’t finish the movie, but it made me scared to go down the stairs for a few weeks for fear of the house eating me.

I actually loved having a room in the basement. With the exception of when seminary was held down there it felt like we just had one big old boys sanctuary down there complete with computer, ping pong, under stairs fort, and (I might get in trouble for this) food supply.

With regards to the estrogen thing….I don’t even want to hear about it. Testosterone is highly outnumbered in our home. Always will be. :)

Anonymous said...

My experience in Dallas: I had so much fun when I came to visit in November. Thanks Joni and Paul for taking me to the Kennedy memorial. That was amazing. Also, I will never forget eating Fried Gator on the rooftop of that restaurant! Advice, if you eat gator, eat it hot. It gets real chewy. Also, I'll never forget Paul's face when we were standing next to the tall, glass building and we heard the jets fly by and thought we were reliving 9-11. It was classic!

Paul and Joni said...

I forgot about that, that was crazy. A couple of jet fighters flew really close to the tallest building in Dallas we were standing next to. It was the loudest, wierdest noise ever. I guess I was thinking, what is that noise and why are my neck hairs standing up? Steve I have new found respect for you, even though your "girls" are all sweet.

Anonymous said...

Wow, seriously it doesn't seem like it's been 3 years since we made the trek to Vernal.
I think it's great that you have started the tradition of celebrating your anniversary at new places. I remember you telling us about the place near Logan and showing us pictures. It did sound a bit freaky.
Congratulations to Joni! I am really excited for you guys to move. I really think you'll enjoy College Station and the atmosphere there. Even though I talk about living in Provo that first year of our marriage as awful, there really was a neat feeling about being around all the college persona, when the football games were going, being close to campus...I don't know I guess I can't explain it. But I am a bit jealous of what fun things you guys will be doing in the next while. I bet you make some life long friends there also.
I hope your doing fine without Joni. Tell her to call us if she comes through. We would love to see her or just talk to her on the phone.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on blog reading and responding. We've been traveling again. Happy 3rd anniversary. Life is looking good for you two, and we love hearing about you thoughts, feelings and activities. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

I just made a copy of the picture with you in striped shirt and Joni in flower dress. What a beautiful couple! Love you. Dad

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,