So last night I came home late because of a school thing to find Joni sitting on a bench outside our house in the dark. Turns out she locked herself out of her car, which also had the house keys on them, so she was hanging outside. I was at a company presentation and my phone kept on buzzing in my pocket until I finally turned it off. I didn't want to be the guy with the happy cell phone in his pocket...I guess that's better than the guy with the happy cell phone strapped to his belt. I shouldn't rip on those things but come on, are we playing quick draw with our phones? What else are pockets for except for warming choclates and holding keys and phones? Of course I thought I actually had a lot of people trying to call me because I was so cool, but it was just Joni telling me she was locked out. You have to know she was outside for about 3 hours so by the time I listened to the 45 messages she left, my phone died. Since my phone never rings I guess you could say I should have known something was up...I honestly thought she wanted me to bring her home a cupcake or something. If you know Joni, there are only a couple things that would make her call that many times. One, she is being attacked by a spider. Two, she is bored. Three, she is craving something like a cupcake. I guess a couple doesn't mean three but who is counting? And now I can add a fourth to the list, locking herself out, that's about the 3rd time this year alone. I was going somewhere with all of this...oh, so when I pulled up I also noticed Joni chopped off all her hair! She had her hair to her shoulders when we first started dating but has had it long ever since. Joni describes the new new look as a party in the back, business in the front, and something else I can't remember...doesn't that description fit the description for a mullet? I really like the haircut, but I have to admit it is taking some getting used to. I can't stop looking at her without her feeling self conscious. Kind of like when I got my first chest hair and I would just stare down at it in amazement...maybe that's where my double chin came from? Here are some pics of the new do.

Isn't she a babe? Her hair is a little longer in the back and has layers all over the place. I'll have you know I cut my hair again this week too, maybe I'll post some pics of that some other time. I haven't used scissors on my hair for a few years now, good old number 2. That sounds funny if you didn't know I was talking about the length of the adapter on the trimmers. I have my first interview this next week, I'm pretty excited. Happy cheering for the Broncos this week, isn't football season the best?
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Wow! I love the cut, Joni! It is perfect for the "young professional," and you look really good with it. (You looked great before, but this look is a little more "mature" and chic-looking, I think!
As you can guess, we're back in Ashton tonight, so I can actually get on the internet, read blogs, etc. I'm missed you all! I have photos of the condo, which I'll post soon.
Love you.
Mom
P. S. Sorry about the key thing. Darn! Hope you had something to read or some studying to do! :(
Thanks for the BSU fight song, Paul. I'll play in loudly and obnoxiously tomorrow when they try to beat Washington.
I also love the hair Joni. I remember when your hair was that length before, I even have pictures in Carter's baby book to prove it!!
I was just thinking today about going shorter. I got my hair trimmed/cut about a month ago and ever since then I keep seeing cute shorter cuts and I am loving them.....I just might have to follow suit.
I agree with Maude, it makes you look more mature, saying that in a good WAY!
Have you ever seen women that are like 60 and have long hair? I am not a big fan, in fact it's one of my pet peeves. I think at a "certain" age women should keep their hair shorter. And lucky for you, you can pull off both.
Okay nuff said, I am home alone and have been since Tuesday, I am in need of some good adult conversation!!!
Welcome home Grandma, we missed you and your comments!
Joni:
Your hair looks sooo cute! Sorry you got locked out. That's no fun!!
Paul, thanks for taking pictures of Joni's new look!!
Love you,
Susan
Joni, you're gorgeous! I really love the haircut, and tell Paul to answer his phone next time. That must have been a bummer to be locked out for 3 hours. Do you trust someone in your ward or building yet to give them an extra key? Go Broncos!
Love,
Melecia
Is it possible with cell phones to set up an emergency code, like so many rings, stop and then do it twice, etc.? I think you can get magnetic key holders you can put on the bottom of your car to prevent being without a key in the future. I'm glad you are safe.
Joni looks good in every haircut she's ever had!
Glad to be reading your blogs. Love, Dad
I thought about implanting something on Joni to hold a spare key...but then she'd probably forget it was there. How bout that finish to the game?
I forgot to record the Bronco game to watch it on Monday and turned it on to record the men's final of the US Open Tennis Championship, and was able to catch the last minute of the game. What an amazing field goal with no time left to give the Broncos a one point win in their season opener. I thought of my NY friends that are crazy for Buffalo and once again being disappointed. Roger Federer had a strong competition. He's amazing.
It was good to talk to Joni last night and know she's enjoying her job. We are very proud of you. Glad you are loving your classes.
Love, Dad
Your haircut is adorable Joni...you are very versatile...you could pull off anything you wanted to do!
When my sister lived with us...eons ago, and she kept getting locked out of the car/house etc. We got a spare key holder for her!! It might be a good idea!!!
Holy crap! I'm totally jealous of your ridiculously skinny body. I just found out that baby #2 is on the way, and couldn't be happier! However, I had a major meltdown last night when I realized that I weigh the same now that I did when I was prego 22 weeks with Maddy. Awesome. Care to give some counsel, oh wise dietitian??
Hope you guys are well!!
--Lindsey
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment