The newest member of our family is Dilly...I know, wierd name that has no meaning, but who are we trying to impress anyways? We were thinking about Deely...not that that is much different or meaningful either. It's hard to name a girl dog. I was thinking since we took her away from her mom and brothers and sisters she was pretty traumitized, and I told Joni "it was probably because she was still sucking on her mom's dealy"...so that's where that name came from. Good thing I didn't say "nipple" or we'd have some worse name ideas on our list. So why a dog you ask? We have been thinking about it for a couple of years now, and we actually had our names on an adoption list at the humane society. I kept shooting the idea down when I thought too much about it. When my mom and family were here we went into this store called the Puppy Store. The store is kinda sad but fun to go into, I held a little rat terrier that I fell in love with, but there was no way I was going to shell out 360 bones for it (that's not dog talk, I mean $360). So we left, but I told Joni about it and she had to see it. We stopped by after church just to see if he was still there and hold him. Right when we got there, another couple was buying him. You should have seen the look on Joni's face when she saw it and realized it was being purchased. I'm not usually a sucker for those kind of looks but this was different. So that night I did my research on the internet, read all about rat terriers and how to take care of them, and I found a lady who breeds them and sells them for $150 here in Bryan. When I went out there I was sold on the littlest girl in the litter who stumbled right over my feet and looked up at me. When I surprised Joni she just about pooped her pants. I have always loved dogs, and I can't think of a better companion for Joni when I am away this summer. She is an 8 week old Rat Terrier, she'll get to be the size of a large cat.
Despite the fact that she is completely adorable, she is the weaniest, whiniest little thing right now. I am constantly babysitting. She woke up at 5:30am this morning and had no intentions of letting me sleep any longer. We figure we'll give her a week to be like this because of what she's been through, but then we are hoping to socialize her as much as possible. Thanks for the warm bottle idea in her cage mom, that worked for a little while. So my break is not so much a break anymore, except for when she is sleeping. Any suggestions on raising and/or training a puppy I am all ears.
Do you ever hear an old song or a group and it totally warps you back into a different decade? I was driving home with the window down and 75 degrees outside (after it was 40's and raining the whole week family was here), and Van Halen came on...I warped back into High School with my buddies driving up to ski at Bogus Basin after school every other day. It felt good, then the song "I'm just a girl" by No Doubt came on, which isn't a bad song either, but it was then that I realized this little "girl dog" has me by the...okay, so you get the point. I am nominating myself for the husband and pet owner of the year award.

16 comments:
Cute dog! Congratulations guys.
What a cute little dog! I'm happy for you. Glad the water bottle helped - - -I actually learned that from Melecia! You said you had a little kennel thing. That will help with the potty training, along with regular trips outside. She'll get the hang of things soon - - -and will even start to sleep through the night soon! This was her first night away from Mommy, you know. She'll adjust, and YOU will become the objects of her affection very soon. Have fun. I'm happy, happy, happy for you.
That's awesome. She's really cute and you are going to make Erin die of jealousy. Oh yeah, and she'll be mad that you didn't get her while we were there.
Is her name just Dilly or does she have a full name like "Senora Dilly Gomez-Martinez?"
CUTE and way fun. Why is everyone becoming dog owners all of a sudden? I thought you were allergic too Paul?
Can she travel with you on the plane when you fly out to visit?
I'll have to show Carter this video, hell be jealous.
I thought that I might be allergic too, but she is a short haired terrier, and I haven't had any problems so far. So maybe I'm not, I know I have problems with some cats, maybe I am just making it up...I don't know.
What a cute little puppy! Dilly is a good name, and I know your feelings about how hard the dog is the first few days. After about a week, Ralphie has settled in and isn't whining anymore! Now we just have to get the potty training part down. They sell these pads that you can spray something on them so the dog will be attracted to the pad and go there - good for apartment owners. I feel bad though because Rhett is still showing allergies to Ralphie!
Yes, you are husband of the year - good practice for having a human baby someday!
Love,
Melecia
That is a cute little puppy! I'm thinking Glen and Kendi will probably break down and get one soon too!! Jen and Steve?? It seems to be going around like a bad virus. J/K! Your description of choosing the name seems so Paul-like!! Now you can sing it to sleep every night with, "Lavender blue, dilly, dilly!"
Google--crate training and paper training and choose a way that suits you and then strictly stick with it! I think that is the key to training--consistency. It is so hard, but they eventually get it--even Molly got it after a good year and many, many threats to have her removed from our home permanently!!
Congrats and good luck! Dogs are really great companions!!
Love,
Susan
Cute dog. Sounds like it will keep you busy.
Nope. I love animals, but I don't think it is happening in our little family. Dog/pet aversions galore for Jenny and Alyssa. I guess Dingbat the fish will have to work, it's hard enough for us to arrange fish feeding while traveling. :)
Enjoy Dealy or Dilly.
I was thinking about the traveling issue this morning. Once Dilly is trained and settled, I'm sure you have neighbors who would love to "babysit" her. I would in a minute! According to Melecia's experience, Dilly is allowed a week to whine and yelp. By then, I'm sure she'll be adjusted. :)
Cute little puppy!
Sorry no pets for these people...we have kids...Enough Said!
When Emmy and Meggy just saw they pictures they ooohed and ahhhed and asked what her name was. I told them Dilly and Emmy immediately said "Dumb Dilly"? and then she followed up with they named it for the ice cream bar at Dairy Queen?!!! Got to love kids!
Have fun potty training and getting her to sleep through the night!!
I'm glad you phoned me about the dog. I hope I didn't give you too much "reality" talk about how they tie you down, are hard to train, etc. You'll do well because you are a dog person. Joni will really appreciate having Dilly while her cute dingy husband is away doing his internship. Love, Dad
I see my package got there safely!
-Melecia
haha, good eyes. The dog was too suspicious under the tree, so we moved stuff.
So did Joni like her Anti Monkey Butt? :)
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment