This picture sums up how we felt to finally be on the cruise. We left Miami on Saturday after hanging out there for a day, Miami is a happening place. We had fun watching drunk guys dancing to a cover band playing on the pier after stuffing ourselves with Bubba Gump Shrimp.
Our first stop was Honduras, which was probably the most authentic and poor of the places we visited. We decided to zip line down a mountain on a series of 8 zip lines and we had a blast. The first one was 1800 feet long (pic below), and went over a huge ravine. The other lines went through the tree tops. We had a guide who had to stop us at the end of each line so we wouldn't run into trees going as fast as we were. The guide was about 5 feet tall and 130 pounds so it was a little scary to trust him to stop us, but we survived. If I can I'll post a video of it. We had a harness around our waist with a caribeener that was attached to the line which was the only thing we could hold onto. I played with a monkey Steve.
Just below my hand was a ramp that dropped about 70 feet, kinda hard to tell in the picture.
We spent the rest of the day in Honduras at the beach...and no, I didn't lose any weight doing my 40 day thingy. We all jumped off a 15 ft platform on the dock until our noses hurt from the salt water.
The third place was Cozumel. We had been there before so we just took a taxi down to the south side and spent the day at a fun little beach. Joni got a swedish massage on the beach while I swam, and we had some REALLY good authentic Mexican food in San Miguel. I got a good picture of Joni showing some serious plumber bum crack during her massage, but in order to keep this blog PG I'll let you use your imaginations.
Waiting in line to get back on the boat. Joni's aunt, uncle, and cousin were with us on the trip although we did our own thing in Cozumel. We weren't hanging out with special needs kids, that's just Jo Ann, she was hot so we wrapped her face like a sheik.
We spent a couple of days on the boat, and the last day we spent on a private island owned by the cruiseline in the Bahamas that was only about a mile or two long. The service on the cruise wasn't that great, and the shows were lame, but we had the most fun doing our own things in all the places we visited. I ate ice cream with just about every meal, and with the 24 hour buffet, there was plenty of food for all of us.


15 comments:
Speaking of monkeys, looking at that picture there is only one of the five people that look to be standing in a Neanderthal pose. I know walking upright is a stretch…but at least you don’t have the caveman hair.
Looks like a fun trip. Glad you guys had a blast. I’ve always wanted to try one of those zip line thingies.
I am so jealous of the pictures in swimsuits. It feels like we're never going to get there around these parts.
We got your pictures text of Joni. Please do explain. We want to hear.
Glad you guys had fun and had such good company to tag along with.
Did Dilly remember you guys?
Man, I am jealous. I want to go an a cool cruise!!
And about the monkeys, after the video plays, there is a really good freeze frame of one!!
good one Sean, I'll let Joni beat you down for that one.
The text that some of you may have gotten was only sent to you because we thought you might know who the guy was. We ran into Tommy Lee(as in Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee, and Motley Crue Tommy Lee) at the airport. Joni got her picture with him and said he smelled old and stinky.
The weather here feels more hot and humid than the cruise, any of you are welcome to come here and visit if you want to escape the endless winter.
I think my neanderthal pose was me trying to escape to the water because I was about to have my picture taken with my shirt off...too late.
Those are such great pictures!! I have always wanted to do a zip line and that one you videoed looked like so much fun!! Was it scary? I bet the ones through the tree tops were fun too! The beaches and the water look so nice!! Glad you had a great time, sad the cruise itself wasn't so great!! Looks like you more than made up for the bad stuff with all the good stuff!!
Love,
Susan
What was wrong with the cruise?
That water looks really nice and crystal blue. The zip line looks like a blast too. Glad you had fun. -G
That looks like a lot of fun! I just want to run and jump in that water, or go on that zip line! Your "special needs" relatives look like a lof of fun!
Love,
Melecia
I've always considered Paul my 'special needs' relative, but then there is 'G'. Is that a street name or something? G unit? Super G? The artist formerly known as Gloin?
I've decided that from this day forth, my nickname shall be "G". Any future reference to the man formerly know as Glen should be referenced as such, so on and so forth. -G
Looks like a great time!!
Thanks for the pictures so we can all dream!!!
That looks sweet. A lot of Erin's friends call her E. I can't type, I have a painful hangnail.
What a fun trip, Paul! The photos were terrific, also - - -and I loved the video of the zip line. That's something I'd REALLY like to try! I think the best parts of a cruise for sure must be the times NOT on the ship, but enjoying the cultures and onshore experiences.
Love everyone's comments, too - - -and was reminded of the unique craziness of each of the 4 brothers. Thanks, guys; I love you all! (And I hope your poor hangnail is better, Joel!)
This looks so fun!
I am so jealous... And look how tan you are!
Thanks for the comment on the blog it will be so fun to keep in touch and see how you guys are doing. How is school and everything? Looks like you guys are doing really good.
Jaimee
that looks like so much fun! im so jealous! next time you go take me!
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment