Friday, August 8, 2008

Joni is now on her way here, and she just told me she forgot the camera. Maybe its better, some things you just can't picture with a camera...like the atmosphere at Wrigley Field. We are excited to go to a Cubs/Cardinals rivalry game Sunday night, the game is on ESPN so check us out (we'll be behind the Cubs dugout). I told both the Bishop and the missionaries that we were going on Sunday night and they all said they would have done it too...so no, I don't feel guilty at all.

We will make a stop at Garrett's Popcorn to pick up a bag of our favorite cheesy caramel pcorn...its awesome and I wish you all could try it.

I am done with my internship! It was a great experience, and pretty rewarding in the end. I'm excited to get back home with Joni and Dilly. I got an offer for a full time position. We need to decide what to do, but we have a long drive back home to talk about everything. Chances are we'll be in at least a couple more states before we finally pick a place to settle down, but we'll see.

A couple summer highlights that I can look back on:
-I learned to love the Book of Mormon all over again
-I lost 15 pounds
-I came to love golf
-I realized I can still live on my own, but I don't prefer it
-I realized I can live anywhere and be happy
-Missionaries make great friends

Ok, the opening ceremonies are about to start. I am already getting excited about football season, talk to ya'll soon.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on finishing the internship! Best of luck in your job decisions. I'm still keeping my eye out for HR stuff here in Utah for you guys!

Maude said...

Have a un, fun weekend, and a safe trip home.
The opening ceremonies were completely amazing. I was ready to be bored, and wasn't at all. Wow!

Love you both!
Mom

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That's a nice summary of your time spent in the internship. You certainly have choices ahead of you that makes the future more bright. Sorry we missed you in Texas. We'll blog some pictures of the wedding, etc. as soon as we get our time back home better organized. Todd is back with us for a few weeks and looks just great. He reports his mission next Sunday. I'll take him to Utah for school, and he and Tyler will be back for the open house on the 30th. We are so proud of our family. You have represented our good name very well.

Love, Dad

Moore Family said...

I'm very jealous about going to Wrigley. Hope you guys have a great time.

Glen

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

So proud of you for doing such a great job on your internship!! Hope you and Joni have lots of fun and that your reunion with Dilly is fantastic!! Good luck deciding on the job. You're in our prayers.

Love ya,
Susan