Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I just wanted to update everyone on Hurricane Ike and let you know that we should be okay...in case you are worrying at all about us...if you don't know what Hurricane Ike is then I guess you live in a box...haha, I kid I kid. I went to an emergency preparedness meeting at the church tonight for all the leaders, we have at least 72 people coming from Houston to stay in our church tomorrow for the rest of the week and there could be a lot more. These are the times that the church organization shines. We have to have two priesthood holders at the church 24 hours a day while evacuees are here, I'm sure I'll have lots of good stories to tell but please keep these people in your prayers.

Evacuating a place like Houston is nearly impossible, and tonight I ran over to buy some water and fill the cars up with gas. The price went up 15 cents a gallon in two hours and I can't even imagine what it will be like tomorrow.

Joni's work will be very crazy as well. She is in charge of feeding everyone there and she'll have to be at work the whole time as the elderly are brought in from Houston. I'm not sure how these things work because I've never been in a hurricane but we'll keep ya'll posted as much as possible.

4 comments:

Maude said...

Thanks for the update, and it will be great to hear your stories. I agree that the Church really shines when it comes to preparedness and taking care of people during emergencies - - among many other things. Should be quite a weekend. Many thoughts and prayers will be sent your way.

Love,
Mom

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

As always you are in our prayers. It's amazing to watch the weather patterns, especially this time of year. It gets pretty dangerous. Cuba got hit by Ike, but they have had disaster rehearsals for years, thus the death toll wasn't as high. I'd say there is not only concerns about environmental impact on the weather, but these are signs of the times.

Keep safe. Love, Dad

Tyler and Jaimee said...

Wow thats crazy you guys are involved with all that! Good luck with everything! Thanks for the blog message we havent been keeping updated for a while but ya we are in Salt Lake now and we are both working. Its been crazy but we are excited! Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,