Saturday, October 4, 2008

We finally got a new camera! After getting the same one (twice) in the last couple of years we decided to get a different brand and we are happy that we can post pictures again. Our friends from Houston that stayed with us for a couple of weeks during the hurricane moved back to Idaho this week. We played a lot of Rock Band and sports on the Wii, as you can see the whole fam was into it. Speaking of which, we downloaded a bunch of original Nintendo games last night and I have been having some serious flash backs. Most of those flash backs are of me watching my older brothers play, then when they were finally done I would sneak in a game or two. But now Joni and I are completely addicted. The worst addiction is Dr. Mario, the one with the little pills you put together and match colors kinda like Tetris...but not at all like Tetris. Joni used to play it so much in college that when she pulled up to a car that was the same color as hers she would make the same noise from the game...wierdo.
Wanna see a great picture?

Annie is the funniest little girl (one on the left), talk about two sisters that are completely different. Our friends made me a giant rice krispie toilet cake for my birthday...strange...but yummy.
Last night we ate with friends at a German/Irish pub, it was fun but that German food hits your stomach like a brick. Its one of those places that the waitresses dress up in big poofy dresses and everyone cheers in unison when proposing a toast...or when someone drops a plate everyone says, "Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy". Of course the rest of the night was dedicated to a Dr. Mario tournament.
I have been invited to a second round of interviews with Raytheon in Boston at the beginning of November. Raytheon is contracted to make all the weapons for the FBI, CIA, and other government operations. They make missiles, satellites, and all the James Bond gadgets you could imagine (Talk about a guy's dream job). I'm thinking pretty seriously about accepting an offer from them if they give me one, but as always I have a lot to consider with the GE offer currently on the table. Some day we'll have our life figured out.

12 comments:

Josh and Kristen said...

hehehe... all i can say is that if i was going to see a big giant toilet cake, yours would be the blog that would not shock me. i am still cracking up. Good to see pictures again!

Maude said...

Nice cake, Paul. You and Joni have found the perfect couple to befriend, I think. Can you take them with you when you move? You two make me laugh about your video game marathons. I guess I should apologize for depriving you of all that when you were young; the best we ever had was an old Nintendo with a very limited game selection. On the other hand, you turned out pretty well, so maybe I didn't totally fail you.
Cute photos. Does Joni ever take a bad one?

Love you lots.
Mom

Jenny Moore said...

You two are a great couple and always have so much fun together!!
Sounds like you've got some good job possibilities. You'll do great wherever you are! Although your brothers all might want some "James Bond gadgets"!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish we could understand more of the video game lingo, I've decided we are the only ones left in the world without any sort of video game thingy! Poor Glen, he loves that kind of stuff, big TV, video games...but he makes the sacrifice for us.

That cake is really cool. I love it and my new addiction is rice krispy treats.

We are excited for you to make a decision on your new job, they all sound so awesome.

The Paulks said...

That cake is awesome; however, I'm not sure how I would feel about eating out of a toilet...

Congrats on your invite for a second interview. Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

We too don't have a video game console, but games are fun when a friend brings over a Wii or something.

Paul, WHAT THE CRAP? You are looking pretty trim in those pictures. I might have to kick it up a notch just so I don't look flabby and 'girly manish' by you when we meet again.

Nice toilet by the way.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That birthday toilet is so perfect for you, Paul! What clever friends you have! Good luck with the interview--that does sound like a guy's dream job!

Susan

The Paulks said...

Paul-

Did you compare the way my kids look to the smurfs?! j/k... :)

I definitely think newborns look like little old men!

Paul and Joni said...

Hahaha...No I was just comparing how you can't tell the difference between newborns at the early stages...like when you watch the smurfs for the first time, the only way you can tell the difference between any of them is a crooked hat or a little blonde curl.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul & Joni! It looks like you all had a great time weathering the storm. Cecily put some pennies and the Wii and we have to get it fixed - it only worked for a week before the pennies took it down! Rhett hopes to apply to Ratheon next year too. That would be so cool to work at the same company. We've heard such great things from friends about living in Boston. Happy belated birthday old man. You guys rock!
Love,
Melecia

Anonymous said...

Wow, tootsie rolls. That's disgusting. You're blog makes me want to go out and buy rock band so I can wail on the drums. Erin would be stoked.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,