Have you ever noticed how much better Reeses Easter Egg cups are than regular Reeses peanut butter cups? Every year thats the one candy that I crave more than any other. We drove around on Friday night to 5 different stores before finally finding our precious eggs, it was our own little egg hunt. If you haven't had one before I suggest you get some before they are gone until next year. Put together my eggs, golfing at the driving range in the rain, Five Guys Burgers, a tour of ESPN headquarters in Bristol, and going to my first female rollerderby...and this was definately one of my top ten best weekends ever.
I knew ESPN was close to my work, but I had no idea it was a mere 1/2 mile. Turns out you have to know an employee if you want to take a tour of the place, so we are lucky enough to know the guy who does the website for ESPN. This was like my own personal Disneyland, it was so fun to walk around all the sets and eat in the cafe. We saw John Saunders, Tom Jackson, and a bunch of faces I recognize but couldn't remember the names. Its crazy once you are inside the building how all the sets are just open and people walk in and out of them all the time.

I loved the hallway to the cafeteria, its made to look like a football field. Kinda makes you smile when you are on your way to eat...he's at the 40...the 30...

That same night we drove down to woodbridge to see the Poptarts play the Iron Maidens in an all female rollerderby showdown. There were tons of people there, and it seemed that every type/size/style/genre of person you could ever imagine was there. The DJ played 80's music all night while the crowd sang along, and everybody groaned and cheered in unison when a girl got plowed by another girl into the ground. We finished the night off at TGIFriday's and headed home. As you can see, even the ref's didn't use their real names, we are definately going back.








13 comments:
Whoa! What wild times you guys have! That's a lot of variety and action for one date! Sounds just like you two to find the fun and unusual.
I would have loved being with you for the ESPN tour. Sounds way fun. I'll hope to hear more about it. Did you get to talk with any of the "hosts?"
Love you lots.
Mom
Very cool weekend! I would definitely root for the Iron Maidens over the Poptarts - definitely. With they had something like that around here. I can't see SLC ever having a rollerderby league, but you never know.
Glen
That does sound like a crazy/ fun date! Tyler would have loved that ESPN tour. and as for me i think I would prefer playing with the Iron Maidens. You guys are so funny!
About your Reeses egg cravings... I am the same way! I also think that the Reeses Christmas trees and valentines hearts are extra delicious as well. :)
This is just a manly post. I mean what man reading your blog isn't jealous of your weekend? Rollerderby, ESPN or dying easter eggs?
SHhhh....don't tell Glen but they do happen to have a rollerderby league here!
Kendi
Oh snap!!! Let's find a baby sitter and go!
Glen
SLC has a team!www.saltcityderbygirls.com
Love reading of your adventures...life is never boring for you!!! I remember those days!!!!
That photo with the roller derby girls is awesome. Definitely one to hold on to.
Our friend made an awesome video of the whole event on facebook. I hope you can access it, you definately won't be able to if you don't have a facebook account. Copy and paste the link to try.
http://www.facebook.com/video/videos.php?of=714181438#/video/video.php?v=1152040600628&subj=714181438
That sounds like a perfect "guys" weekend in every way! I bet the girls had fun too.
I absolutely agree with you about the Reese's Easter Eggs!! They are the best! I found out this Easter that they also make those same size and shape eggs in Almond Joys and Butterfingers! I haven't seen them here, but my friend gets them in St. George and brings them home for her kids here!! Everyone be on the lookout for those next year---I bet they are so good!
We just got a Five Guys here in Longmont! We love it! Kind of reminds us of In N Out Burgers in Vegas and California. Longmont is definitely stepping up!
Thanks for sharing your awesome weekend!
Susan
We have some places to visit when we get up there - Can't wait!!
Love,
Melecia
It's refreshing to see a married couple do so many fun activities as you do. You have a zest for trying on new things that is remarkable. We go out to dinner and see movies. I guess we'll have to search for a women's roller derby. I remember watching women's roller derby on TV a long time ago. They were Amazons who really knocked each other around. I can hardly wait to see what you guys do next.
Love, Dad
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment