
Last weekend we went to Newport, Rhode Island and went on the cliff walk. Its a 3 mile each-way walk with the ocean/cliffs on one side, and big 'ol mansions on the other. I was more interested in the ocean views than the rediculously huge "summer cottages" of the rich and famous, but we had a good time. It was really foggy and kind of eerie at first, but it cleared up and made for a fun afternoon. Newport is a very cool city thats only a little over an hour away.
Lots of fun things to take pictures of along the way.
check out my sexy, hairy legs.................................
We love the ocean, and walking on the beach. Its cool to know there are so many cool places like this close by.
While we were gone, Dilly was home making trouble. We found out that if we leave fried chicken in the trashcan, Dilly will go to any lengths to try to get it...its her weakness. Although she was in trouble, I can fully understand and appreciate how fried chicken will drive you crazy. Today however she managed to jump 4 feet in the air to pull a stick of butter off the counter and eat it...bad Dilly, bad. At least she'll be well lubricated when it comes out the other end.
We took our first trip to Boston with our friends the Barnes. Their only flaw is that they are die-hard Lakers fans...we've been having fun watching the Nuggets/Lakers games together, hopefully we'll still be friends afterwards :)
Eating Pizza in Harvard Yard, look how happy Joni looks...I love it. We walked around Cambridge for a little while (home of the Harvard campus), but most of the time was spent on finding me a belt. I've been thinking I need to start running again, I found motivation on the drive to Boston because when I leaned slightly forward the button to my pants popped off...that's never happened to me before. The yummy food we ate didn't help my cause.
The Freedom Trail in Boston is about a 3 mile walk through the city
to all the famous historical sights. All you have to do is follow the red brick trail through the city. It was pretty fun, but you have to pay attention because the trail likes to hide from you sometimes. Boston is small enough to see most of the sights by foot, I wished I would have remembered lessons from my history class but there were plenty of people who knew what the different sights were. Just remember that its 3 miles one-way, so you have to be prepared to walk back. By the time we made it to Bunker Hill (almost made it), we all had to go to the bathroom so bad that we split a taxi ride to the train station to relieve our bladders and ride on the train across town.
This picture made us look like idiots, but I think Mike and I did a pretty good job as navigators. Check out crowded Quincy market...
By the time you've walked the whole city, you start to lose your sanity. This bridge we crossed was kind of scary because it was just metal grates on top of steel support beams, so you could see 100 feet below to the river. If you looked too hard it made you dizzy, ok, so maybe I was the only one who looked scared...mental.

We were going to try to buy some scalped tickets to Fenway but they were playing the Mets, so tickets were being sold for like $300...no thanks. That didn't keep us from eating some dogs and enjoying the atmosphere.


15 comments:
What a fun, fun trip! I would have loved every minute of it, and wish I'd been along. Exploring back there where our country's history began is a dream of mine. Enjoy! Awesome, fun pictures, too, you two! Bad Dilly! Is she okay?
Love you!
Mom
It looks you guys are really taking advantage of all their is to do around there. You both seem to have alot of fun.
Your blog makes me laugh!
Hey there hairy legs! Sexy, no, funny, yes. That was another choice trip that will etch well in your memory banks. You are so smart to get acquainted with the places that represent our country's history. Thanks for being loyal to the Nuggets. Those close games are a bit nerve racking. Love to you both.
Dad
Oh wow! What a great trip! Joni you are even more beautiful pregnant! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I like the hairy legs too.
Love,
Melecia
It was nice talking to you about your trip and the pictures tell a great story. I was just in Boston last year and loved it. The food, the Freedom trail, Quincy Market. The locals told me it's a miserable place to be in the winter, but Spring and Fall are the best. Rhode Island sounds like a cool place to visit too.
Glen
Amen, Melecia, to how pretty Joni looks. I was especially struck by how gorgeous you are in the picture with Paul in the red jacket.
Love you.
Mom
a couple of things...1)go lakers 2)bad dilly and 3)my fav pic of the trip needs a caption. Joni "Mmmmmmmmmm PIzZa!!!!!"
"A couple of things" means two things, so your first of three things doesn't count and therefore is null and void...Go Nuggets!
I say Joni go ahead and enjoy that food while you can!!
That story of Dilly is quite gross! a whole thing of butter?
We can't wait for your next weeks blog........just remember I am seeing blue, however, I've been wrong many times before!
Me too Kendi, I'm thinking a Moore boy!
Melecia
Your adventures are always so great! So glad that you are going to all those wonderful places back east! So, what happened with the butter? Were you cleaning up for days and days??? Joni, you are an adorable pg gal! We are so excited for you two!!
Love the new photo at the top! So good of both of you - - -and so "you."
xoxox
Mom
So I finally found your blog, I am determined to jump back on the blogging bandwagon. I really wanted to go to Newport when my family was in town, but it was raining a lot and I thought it was two hours away, but you pictures and the comment it is only one hour renews my desires.
Good luck today, we will be thinking about you and wondering all day!
Joni,
Congratulations on the soon to be addition to your family! Girls are super fun, but they act like their dads, so beware!!! I hope you are feeling well, you look great!
Post a Comment