On June 5th we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in Kennebunkport, Maine. We had never been there and its not necessarily one of those states you just happen to drive through, so we decided to take the 3 hour drive and see what all the fuss was about. We just had a really fun and relaxing time together, and stayed in a B&B called the Beach House Inn right on the shoreline. We took some beach cruisers for a ride, played football on the beach, played games, tried Maine lobster, and walked around the little town shops. Turns out the Bush family owns a huge compound up there, its like their own little private peninsula. It still amazes me how much there is to see out here within a relatively short drive. Enjoy the pictures.
I tried sending the picture (below) into Martha Stewart Living Magazine...I'm a little embarrassed by it but the shot of the beach was nice.


Friday night was the Father's & Son's campout, and some friends of mine decided to go together...son...less. Well, a couple of us had sons, and I have a daughter on the way, so we justified our presence. It was really fun to hang out with just the guys, and to see the look on my friend's little boy's face when he tried s'mores for the first time. I love camping, we have to go again soon.
So now that the NBA Finals are over, we are starting Wipeout Wednesdays (totally my new favorite tv show). Nothing better than sharing a good belly laugh with friends while stuffing our faces with goodies. Some of our friends also had the great idea to start an alternating potluck every Sunday at a different family's house, so we are staying busy having fun. We love it here and aside from the steep rent, we already know we will really miss Connecticut. So that's it for now, talk to you soon.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Maine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
What a super anniversary weekend! Melecia, of "Anne of Green Gables" fame, would definitely approve. Maine looks wonderful - - -your pictures are just like I pictured Maine would be. Happy Anniversary you two. I'm so glad you're getting to learn about and enjoy a marvelous, historical part of our country - - -and make such good friends in the process. I'm sure this will remain a memorable place for you always. Thanks for sharing your adventures. Love the photos - - including the guy with the cute legs on the beach. :)
Love always,
Mom
how about you don't leave CT! (at least just wait a year for us hehe)
Congratulations on 5 years. Wow - I didn't know it was that long ago you guys got married, but it was. The beach house looked very fun. Glad you guys had a fun trip.
Glen
Your trip brought back some memories for Susan and I. We love B & B's, lobster, New England culture, housing, history, etc. You continue to be very smart to get some of these trips in now before little Joni arrives. Having romance and learning go very well together. Susan and I are going to return to Estes Park tomorrow night while Eric and Hannah are doing the handcart "trek" until Saturday afternoon. They went ten miles today. This country of ours offers many great sights and experiences for the young at heart. May it always be that way for the two of you. Happy 5th!
Love,
Dad and Susan
I think Nicholas Sparks is going to write a book about you two - all there needs to be is a Hurricane or a large storm - hee hee. Seriosly, that looks so relaxing and fun, and Joni's little tummy is growing! I also think it's really cool the way you do so many fun things with friends. We love "wipeout" too. Rhett wants to try out for the show! If you have time, we loved going to Burlington, Vermont, crossing Lake Champlaign on the ferry, and going to Ausable Chasm in New York. Maybe in the fall!
Love,
Melecia
I love the pic of you both on the log on the beach. Joni is so talented at this photography stuff.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment