Monday, November 2, 2009

Past due

Today was Joni's last Doctors appointment, it was also the due date for the baby. It appears that she is nowhere close to coming out even though she keeps growing each day (the baby not Joni of course). Joni is at the stage now where people stop and stare, I couldn't help but laugh when a couple of ladies at the doctors office all stopped mid-conversation, pulled the suckers out of their mouths and as soon as she passed said, "she looks like she's ready to POP". Joni can't wait for the stares to stop and this little girl to come out. If there is one thing I have learned, girls are never ready on time. If this is any indication of our future, we will never be on time for anything again.


The good news is that if nothing happens this week, then we will be going into the hospital this Friday November 6th to be induced at 8am. So if you don't hear from us before then, there's a good chance we haven't had anything happen yet. If Joni is induced, it could be anywhere from 1 to 36 hours after that for the baby to come. We were told that now they induce no matter what at 41 weeks, so despite some of the risks, its the right thing to do. We've heard there are things you can eat/drink/swallow to help push things along but Joni wants things to just happen on their own until Friday. My feeling right now is that nothing is going to happen, but you never know.
Joni's mom is here to help us out for a few days. Not much else we can do right now but wait, play some cards, wait, go on walks, and wait. Thanks for checking in on us, we will do our best to keep you all in the loop. Bye for now.

9 comments:

Rick and Janae said...

The last week is really the worst. Wyatt came one day after his due date if that gives you any hope, plus I picked today as the big day so you never know.

Andrea said...

I knew I should have picked a later day! There must be some reason she needs some extra incubation...in the meantime, have fun!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It won't be long now. Waiting is no game. We're getting excited, and praying lots and lots. Can't wait for the phone call.

Love, Dad xox

Jen said...

Good luck...we're thinking of you!

Joel said...

Glad you guys are doing all right (especially Joni) and can't wait to hear that your little girls has arrived.

Erin said...

On the edge of my seat! And I know you don't agree or probably even want to hear this, Joni, but I think you look great. Though I can't imagine how hard that is on your back!

Love you guys,
Erin

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

We are so excited!!! Got a little package ready to send out in the mail!! Be sure and check out the label!!

Good luck! You are in our prayers and we will always have the cell phone with us!!

love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

I think I might be the winner of the date contest - oh my head will swell! Joni - you look great - keep up the good work. I took two gel tabs of primrose oil, and that night I went into labor with Becca. You're probably doing the right thing to just wait it out, though! Can't wait for the phone call and the pictures!
-Melecia

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,