Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This past weekend we blessed Ellie and were lucky to have so many familiar faces here to support her. We packed upward of 25 people in our apartment (luckily we all like each other) to play games, visit, dance, laugh, and have a lot of fun. Here are some pictures...





Ellie was delighted to meet GraMaude for the first time!




Little Eli was an expert at giving kisses to his new cousin.


Paul was able to meet up with an old highschool buddy. He stopped by with his wife Sarah and darling little girl Ava.

We decided to surprise Jen with a decadent, delicious "everything" cake. Actually, to be quite honest I was pretty nervous to taste it. We bought a frozen chocolate cake and Paul had the idea to add a layer in the middle. We were in the middle of trying to decide whether to fill the middle with rasberry jam or candy bar chunks when I went to get in the shower. When I got out I found Paul and GraMaude cutting up FOUR different kinds of candy bars and putting them in sections. Then I found out they had put the rasberry jam under the candy bars AS WELL. So the middle layer was a combo of rasberry, Twix, 1000,000 grand, Snickers, and Reeses cups! I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it turned out - and I'm not just saying it to make Paul feel good, I really loved it!



Here is the inside layer before we put the top back on


Becca, Meg, Emmy, Lyssa and Secily had fun decorating the top


Here is the finished product... Mmmm


Ellie was great the whole weekend, just happy to be here.


All the women of the house having "girl talk" while the guys were watching football. Ellie's just layin in the middle taking it all in.


Here are a few of the family pics we took Sunday morning in the rain.








This is a four generation picture, complete with my grami BJ who just got home from a mission in Australia last Tuesday.



Yes, I realize Ellie's red shoes are gigantic, but I couldn't resist putting them on with her outfit.

.........

Right before the blessing I was getting ready to sit down in the chapel. I looked up and realized our family filled two full rows, which is amazing to me considering the fact that we live in NC. I felt such an overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude for everyone who traveled to support us, and I know everyone else wishes they could have been here. Ellie doesn't know it quite yet, but she has an AWESOME family who loves her!!

- JONI

9 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Joni it was a great weekend and we feel privileged to have been able to share it with you.
You're an awesome mom with a sweet baby!
PS Thanks for the cake...it was sooo good!

Moore Family said...

Wow! That is so cool that you had so much family there. Sounds like a great time. Glad you took lots of pictures.

Glen

Josh and Kristen said...

That is awesome that you were able to have so much family there for such a special day! She is so cute!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That looks like a beautiful happy bunch. It was good that so many family members could be there for the blessing. Indeed there is a lot of love in our family.

Dad

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That looks like it was a really great weekend. Wish we could have been there, but I think your house would have burst open with any more people in it! Ellie looks absolutely beautiful in her blessing gown and she looks so happy to be part of her wonderful family!
The cake sounds incredible!

Love you lots,
Susan

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, and it was such a fun weekend! Let's get together soon!
Love,
Melecia

Kendi said...

Looks like a PARTY! I am confused though? I see Ellie in her blessing dress but then in another dress, is this all in the same day? Wow she's one decked out little girl!

Wish we could have been there, can't wait to see you guys again!

Joel said...

We wish we could have seen you, too. Hoping to see you soon. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Tyler and Jaimee said...

That is so fun that so much family could come!! Ellie is getting so big she is so chubby and CUTE!! I love the black and white outfit. That cake looks so good I will have to try it out!

We cant wait to meet her in person!