Sunday, April 25, 2010

Passing time

First time trying sweet potatoes, the expression says it all...

I'm back in North Carolina for a few days before the big move back west, I miss my girls a ton and I find myself watching videos and looking at pictures to get me by. I have been deep cleaning the house to prepare for the movers, then I'll have to clean again after they leave. It doesn't make much sense I know, but I can only play so much Dr Mario before going crazy.

New York was fun, I love that city. This trip to NYC was great because I saw a lot of things I haven't seen before. I met up with Mike and Jen and we ate at Dumont in Brooklyn. I also had the opportunity to eat lunch and sing karaoke with the chiefs of FDNY, they were so cool and totally crazy. One of the chiefs accidentally spilled the beans about where we were going on our big secret night on the town, turned out to be a dinner cruise in a glass boat around Manhattan...because he felt bad for giving away the secret, he had a FDNY boat spray water from all directions up in the air as our boat left the harbor. They only do that on special occasions and we were all moved by it. I felt like I was 2nd grader hanging on every word when I listened to their stories, and I admire and respect those who put their lives in danger to help others.

We got to see some behind the scenes stuff too like the Today Show set, I danced on the floor of studio 6b (Jimmy Fallon/Conan O'Brien), and we ran into Ann Curry. Joni probably hates me for not taking pictures of everything, it was funny because she watches the Today show every day. It would be like Joni touring ESPN without me and not taking pictures...sorry.

I found out last week I will be going to Bangalore, India for a week in August for work. How crazy is that? I never once thought I would set foot in India, pretty cool stuff.

Ellie has been a rock star touring all of Utah this week. We are amazed at how much she smiles and is open to being held by so many people. She is definately loved by many and missed, I was sad as I folded her little socks last night, and I'm catching a small glimpse of how hard it would be to be a grandparent and live far away. When I brought Dilly home from the kennel she ran straight to Ellie's room to see her only to find that they were gone. We will see them soon, but until then...its more cleaning, moping, staring out the window and Dr Mario.

11 comments:

Kendi said...

You sounds just like Glen when I take the kids and go to Montana. However, I don't remember coming home to a deap cleaned home??
I remember when Carter was about 8 weeks old a took a trip home and came back to a personal video message that Glen made for Carter for when he gets older. Then we bought our house and every since then he has found projects to keep him busy around the house.

New York sounds like quite the experience. Next up India?? I want your job!

Anonymous said...

Having your rock stars on tour sounds a bit lonely. I wish I cleaned my house when I was lonely! It will be so great to be all together in Colorado. I've seriously always wanted to visit India - that sounds really cool!
Love,
Melecia

Jenny Moore said...

Glad your trip to New York was good.
Sorry that you are alone...wish we were closer...
Good luck with you deep cleaning and packing...hopefully the time will fly and you'll be back with your cute girls!!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Very touching blog. You are so good at expressing your feelings. It was so fun to finally meet Ellie! We are getting so excited for this weekend when you will be arriving in Colorful Colorado! Good luck this week. Call the RS to help you clean. It's what we do!!

Moore Family said...

You really are good at expressing your feelings Paul. You should go buy a pint of ice cream and read Little Women for a good cry. lol

No, to be honest, I really miss Kendi and the kids when I'm away from them for more than a day or two. Yes, I left Carter a video message for when he gets older and I'm sure Kendi will tease me about it for years to come. She's an evil woman but I love her anyway.

Glen

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It's been fun talking to you Paul while you're on the road. 7 more hours of travel and you will be here. Let's watch the Nuggets tonight. They are the underdog in Utah. Maybe they'll pull it off. NYC is a great place to visit. I'll bet Joni was jealous. That will be quite a trip to India. As you may remember one of your great grandfathers was the first LDS missionary to India and he nearly died. It's a lot different today. I love the pictures of Ellie eating sweet potatoes and looking adorable with Joni. I can hardly wait to meet her.

Love, Dad

The Paulks said...

I know this is random, because I never ever look at blogs anymore! What a shame.... we would love to have you guys for dinner when you get here! I know you have family somewhere in the area, but we are cool too. :) If you need a place to stay, let us know!
Make Joni call me or I will kick both of your butts! 720-238-2444

Tyler and Jaimee said...

Ellie is getting so big! I love the sweet potatoes pictures!
Its so exciting you guys are moving to Colorado it will be fun to see you all when we come to visit!

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

aion Top 100 Private Server