Some things you just have to experience in person to appreciate. I've had many opportunities to see things I'd never thought I'd see or experience, and Fenway Park last week was one of them.
Let me make it clear that I am NOT a Red Sox fan. In fact I think they are the MOST obnoxious of any fan I have ever met. Last week at the Rockies/Red Sox game in Colorado there were some Red Sox fans behind me that ended up getting thrown out of the stadium. They just kept saying "Fenway is so different, this is like going to church here"...blah, blah, blah wicked annoying accent. All I could think about was how I couldn't wait to see for myself what they were like in Fenway. So here goes...
The fans are no different than anywhere else, other than the fact that like Yankees and Cubs fans they think they are the only true baseball fans on earth (although I like the Cubs). However, the stadium and atmosphere itself was electric. It was fun to soak it all in. And just like my experiences in Wrigley I fell in love with the place. We took the VIP tour where we stood on the field during batting practice, and sat on the Green Monster. The game was kind of lame but it was fun to be in the same place so many of the greats played.
When I told Joni I was 10 feet from Evan Longoria (above) she was jealous because she thought I meant the Desperate Housewife. It was a fun trip, but just as good to be back home with my girls.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Fenway fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How awesome is that! You're having some incredible experiences in your travels, Paul! As you say, there are some thing that just have to be experienced in person. I think baseball stadiums are a bit magical anyway, especially down on the players level, and Fenway must be really much that way So glad you got that opportunity! However, there's no place like HOME, for sure.
Love you,
Maude/Gram
Eli loves that you were at a baseball field...how he knew that just by the top picture is a mystery but he did!!!
Fun trip!!
In my defense, I kinda thought "Evan" was a T9 error of some sort in Paul's text message. It can be added to a list of bonehead things I've done/said in the past month :)
I wish I could have been there, but at least we got some good pictures out of it!
JONI
Very cool Paul! That would be so great to be so close to the players at batting practice! That's pretty funny that the sox fans compared the Rockies game to "church".
Melecia
I think Joven is trying to tell you to join his/her blog. What do you think?
You're such a show off. Just have to upstage me. I was sitting 20th row at Yankee stadium at the same time, which I thought was very cool and a first for me. But not as cool as sitting on the Green Monster and going down for batting practice. Oh well, I can't complain.
Glen
Post a Comment