A couple of weeks ago we decided to head up to Estes Park since Joni hadn't been there before. Estes Park is a fun little town at the mouth of Rocky Mtn National Park, its also the home of the hotel from "Dumb and Dumber" and parts of "the Shining"...as well as some pretty good ice cream.
We crammed in our little car with my Dad, Susan, Hannah, and the three of us thinking we'd save money because you have to pay by the carload. Turns out it was get into the park free day and Joni and Hannah had numb bums for nothing.
Joni and Hannah decided it would be a great idea to get wolf t-shirts, I was pretty skeptical about paying for something so cool...but the shirts actually DID turn out pretty sweet, Joni decided on an Elk...and she wonders why I never know how to shop for her.
Ellie picking out a shirt
Hannah looking thoughtful
The park is pretty crowded, and the dumb mountain beatles are eating away the forest, but it's still beautiful up there.
That same night we went to the Rockies/Giants game with Joel, Erin and Aleesha (sp?). The Rocks are always exciting to watch...if you didn't know I was referring to a baseball team that might sound strange.
Joni's family also paid us a visit for Gayle and JoAnn's bdays, at least the female half (BJ, Gayle, JoAnn, Andrea, + Dilly, Joni and Ellie made me feel outnumbered). I decided I'd make the most of it and play bachelor by sleeping in a tent. When I was putting it up Joni and Andrea thought it looked fun so they ended up crashing my bachelor party. I gave them the good mattresses and ended up sleeping (sort of) on a giant tree root. Funny thing is sleep or no sleep it was still fun and was a great weekend.
Dilly and Ellie boxing it out
Orange cone leg, and pinching the moon were some of the 2am sister activities while I was trying to sleep.
Ellie is a crawling feind now, she gets everywhere so fast, and she still loves to flirt and immitate different voices. I love to walk around outside with her and touch the different leaves and tell her what everything is. Whenever we go outside she just soaks it all in. She loves to be read to, and she loves to snuggle and giggle. She truly is a loving, happy, social, and friendly little thing. Sometimes I just catch myself staring at her and think about how much I love her.
We are super excited to be taking a vacation next week to the Oregon Coast to see my mom and some of the fam on my side. We are also planning a quick stop to Seattle to see our good friends the Barnes, I love taking Joni to new places she's never been. Hope you all have a wonderful week.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love Estes Park, it's one of my favorite spots!!
Good times. Did you get to do the fishing pond, the bumper boats or the big slide? Aside from the park and walking main street, those are a few of my favorite things about Estes Park.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Ellie next week. It'll be kind of nice to see you and Joni too.
Glen
I want the story behind the cone game and Joel's cap at the Rockies game! It looks like you guys are having a great time in all the Colorado spots. Your feelings about Ellie are also great! She will love going back and reading the blogs! Have fun in Oregon!
Love,
Melecia
Cute post! Great pictures! That was pretty funny that we all crammed into your car to save $20 and then it was a free day in the park! Oh well, it was still way more fun being altogether than in separate cars--numb bums and all!
Have fun in Oregon! We will miss you guys!
love,
Susan
Post a Comment