So we finally got some long-awaited information about our next move. It's coming soon, we will probably be living in NV by middle of February. Paul got his official job offer last week and everything seems to be happening so fast! As much as I've enjoyed living in CO, I am looking forward to putting down a few roots.
Since relatives dont get to see Ellie that often I thought a little update might be appropriate. We finally got her a new car seat that faces frontwards. It's so fun (and slightly distracting/dangerous?) for me to see her face through the rearview as she looks around at the world from a different angle. 
It's amazing how masterful Ellie is at getting what she wants (considering she doesn't know how to speak yet). Through a process of elimination we have learned her favorite activites, foods, and jokes. For those of you who are interested, here they are.
Favorite activities:
- Walking back and forth, back and forth, back and forth (x20)across the house while holding onto an assistive hand.
- Playing with anything that has to do with animal noises.
- Attempting escapes from the grocery cart, simultaniously scaring her mother to death.
Favorite food:
- Hands down, Carnation Instant breakfast
- Ice, although this is questionable as a food item
- Rasberries
- Green beans
Favorite jokes:
- Attacking Paul's solitare games and throwing the cards everywhere (Paul will swear she knows when he is about to win).
- Picking up a handfull of food, putting it up to her mouth like she is going to eat it, then throwing it on the ground.
- Pretending like she's NOT going to bite my finger off as I wash her little teeth with a cloth... then at the last minute chomping down hard enough to draw blood. Very funny Ellie. 
I took her to the park yesterday and put her in the swing for the first time. She loved it! Ellie is an awesome little buddy.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Nevada calls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thanks SO much for the new photos! She's growing and changing so quickly - - -starting to get that "little girl" look instead of the baby look. I was comparing the photos you posted today with the one at the top of the blog - - -which wasn't that long ago - - and the change is really striking! What a character! Give her a big hug from us.
I hope the move goes well. It will be so neat for you to be in one place for years, instead of months!
Love you all.
Maude/Gram
Having a little girl buddy is the best. She sounds so funny! I love her food choices and games she plays. I hope your move to Reno goes smoothly! Madison is planning a trip to Cali. in March for spring break with a girlfriend. We encouraged her to stop by and say hello or stay the night with you. I hope that was okay!
Love,
Melecia
We've been spoiled by having Ellie so close and watching her cute antics take place. She's a charmer that makes everybody glow. I'd add that it's funny how she wants to walk up and down stairs without any fear, of course, because someone always takes her reaching out hand. I don't know about any dangerous falls, injury or other mishap. She is watched pretty closely. We hope your longer term stay in Medina helps you feel more settled. It looks like a beautiful place that you will enjoy a lot. We are going to miss you madly.
Love, Dad
you have a very cute angel..she's very lovely..
Log Home Plans
Log Cabin Home Plans
Alaska Salmon Fishing
Seattle Home
that is so cool! That is kind of how I felt about Vegas.. putting down roots:) My Very best buddy from high school is moving to Reno! I don't know how close Minden is, but Anyway, she is the sweetest coolest gal and you have to meet her! I am going to do a tri in September out in tahoe so maybe I can say hi while I am traveling out that way! I hope everything goes well moving!
Post a Comment