Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Moved

Our new front room
and our dining room
With Joni recently finishing our 2nd blog book, I feel motivated to keep blogging. Just like everything else, it's easy to get out of the habit without that kind of motivation.

We are in Nevada now, not more than a few hours after the movers finished up and left we were hit with a couple of days of nasty weather. We ended up with about a foot and a half of snow and felt a little cramped in our new place with a bunch of moving boxes. It was fun to get out and play in the snow, Ellie didn't want to play or move, she just wanted to eat it.

After all of our moves, getting accustomed to a new place and to new people is never easy. We are optimistic about our situation, one thing I've learned over the last few years is that you can be miserable anywhere, or you can be happy anywhere...it's really up to you and your attitude. Home is where your heart is, and for at LEAST the next three years Nevada is our home.

We are so excited to stay in the west, to be close to San Francisco and Tahoe (California is 15 minutes away), and still somewhat close to family. The view of the Sierra's from our house is amazing, we can see Heavenly Ski Resort from our house, and we are close enough to see the snow blowing off the tops of the mountains. Looking back on our little "journey" I wouldn't change a thing, I know the moves we've made have been the right ones.



Ellie's new favorite things:
-finding the toilet and sticking her hands in it, then licking her fingers
-unraveling the toilet paper roll
-walking back and forth down the hallway carrying the same little shopping bag
-pretending she's talking on the phone, except she is using a comb or a banana
-erasing all the contacts on my phone, calling random phone numbers
-pulling clothes out of the dryer (or pulling anything out of anything)
-climbing into strange places (baskets, toy chests, under sinks) and then whining when she can't get out
-playing with her belly button
-talking to herself in the mirror
-reading books (even by herself, she loves to turn the pages)
-she actually enjoys spending time alone, talking to herself in her crib or in her bedroom
-Eating peanut butter from a spoon...she is truly OURS

9 comments:

Jen said...

love this post. is ellie walking now? I am sooo praying that all of your next children are boys. Rose needs that snow suit ;) I love your house. Where are your curtains from? My sister in law is looking for some that color. Also, I forgot that you had told me you would be close to san fran. Our cousins live there so next time we are there we can meet up. Haha can you tell that I am thinking about the next time we can hang out already? MISS YOU!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

All that snow looks like fun! Ellie looks so cute all bundled up in her snow clothes. Your house looks super cute! I like your attitude about moving, but we sure miss you here!!

Maude said...

Love the blue/aqua color, Joni. One of my favorites, and it makes all your "familiar" stuff look fresh and new! The house looks fun, and you're amazing that two rooms are already decorated!

Thanks for all the cute pictures and updates on Ellie. What a personality she is - - -in addition to being super cute! Enjoyed the blog, Paul, and will look forward to more! :)

Love you all.
Maude/Gram

Maude said...

P. S. Look at all those Ellie teeth! Holy smokes! - - -and looks like more are ready to pop.
Pretty cute.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It's great to hear about Ellie. We got to know her quite well this past year. Your descriptions of her antics are so cute. Love those pictures of her different expressions. Your house looks comfortable and roomy. We appreciate your positive attitude. We miss you a lot.

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Aww! I love the pictures of the snow and the new home. You set it up so quickly and it's beautiful! It sounds like you will be really happy there, and you have a winner's attitude.
Love,
Melecia

Kendi said...

Ellie looks so different with her all those teeth in her mouth. She's growing up so quickly!
Joni you talked about wanting to change some colors in your house, glad you were able to do it. I love the colors, they look very similar to the colors I have going on! Great choice!
Hope you guys love it there. We ran into Sarah Wood the other day at costco and she is from that area. She bragged it up and was so jealous to know that you guys were going there!

Jenny Moore said...

Ellie looks so grown up!
Glad that your are settled and have a cute place!!

Angela Toma said...

Hello from Romania! I can say that I love Ellie :Xshe is so swwweeet