Joni got me so good for April Fools, I've been on edge all day and now I'm sitting on the couch with one eye twitching and my shoulders stuck in the shrugged position. Here's how it went down in order of appearance:
+ I woke up, put on my pants to find that one leg was sewn shut
+ My shoes had tissue paper stuffed in the front so I couldn't get them on all the way
+ Joni switched all the cereals so that I didn't know what I was getting, Lucky Charms in a Pops box, Rice Krispies in a Life box
+ When I went to get a bowl out of the cupboard, Joni very smartly rigged an entire box of tennis balls to fall out on me when I opened the cabinet door. By this time I was wincing when I opened the fridge and the silverware drawer. I have to say this one made me laugh out loud at 7am which is pretty hard to do
+ While I was at work, I got 4 texts all at once from Jay Cutler, Michael Jackson, and Women's Sports. Joni changed my contact names in my phone, then told everyone whose contact she changed what she was doing and asked them to text me. For example, Michael Jackson said, "There is texting in heaven, and I have to get something off my chest. Billie Jean IS my lover, and the kid IS my son"
+ When I got in my truck to come home from work, Joni had planted a CD in my stereo with my 2 favorite artists, Cher and Barbara Streisand (sarcastic). By this time, I decided to roll with it. I rolled down the windows, turned the volume up all the way and sang that I do beleive in life after love...thanks Cher
Do you feel my pain? I guess I deserved this one with all the crap I put my mom through as a teenager. Now I know I have 365 days to come up with ways to get Joni back. Kudos to Joni for going all out. Happy April Fools everyone.
One great surprise was coming home to see Ellie in her first braid, I thought she was so pretty.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Bombarded
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Holy April Fools Day, Joni! You take it seriously! I'm a rank amateur at trick when compared to you, for sure! Way to go! The part I love to think about, Paul, is that while you were blissfully sleeping, Joni was sneaking about the house preparing all these "special moments" for you - - with a little devilish smile on her face the entire time! Way to go, Joni! Kudos from the MIL! :)
Love Ellie's hair. It truly is beautiful! Was she just so proud to have it done? (And did she sit perfectly still while you did it?)
Love you all.
Maude/Gram
hahah Joni rules.
Nice. I have a new respect for Joni with all these mad spy/sabotage skillz and Chuck Norris moves I'm seeing.
Way to go Joni.
Wow, Joni, I'm impressed! I couldn't think of a single trick to play on anyone! Next year, I am calling you for ideas!!! You are sooo awesome. I bet you loved every minute of it, Paul!!
Ellie's hair is so darling! She is such a precious little girl.
Miss you guys!!
Susan
Those are the best pranks. I love it.
I love how you have Paul jumping and twitching in fear! Great job! I also love the hair. I love how you did our gir's hair at the Bear Lake reunion. I have never been much of a creative April Fools girl, but I love hearing about everyone's fun pranks! You did good! Like the MJ pranks.
Melecia
What beautiful braids,. I'm a hairdresser and I do say you've done a really good job on the braids.
Post a Comment