Thursday, April 21, 2011

Putting it off.

Sooooo I will just come right out and say that this blog is a direct result of procrastination. One bad (also good, I SUPPOSE) thing about moving every 10 months is the sure bet that we will be asked to speak in church. Our home phone rang Sunday evening, and I knew what that meant before we ever picked up... time to speak... AGAIN.
Now it's Thursday and Ellie is sleeping. It should be a no-brainer to work on my talk, but here's a list of random tasks that found their way to the top of my priority list:

- Cleaning out the fridge
- Re-organizing Ellie's sock drawer
- Disinfecting the garbage can
- Searching for a perfect salmon recipe

I call it productive procrastination.


This last weekend I went to a bootcamp type of class with my new pal Whitney. It was put on by a local fitness group called "Kaia Fit" and can best be described as hardcore, estrogen filled, and awesome. The one class was free for the community as a mother's day gift, but normally very expensive. They had us running ladder sprints and everything. They also provided free daycare, so Ellie got to run around and play on some gymnastics equipment.



This is one of the instructors, Megan Moore :) From Colorado.



Me, Ell, Whitney, and her adorable little guy, Cole.


On Tuesday, Whitney offered to show me around Reno a little. We ate at Fatburger, and did a LOT of window shopping for purses. I can't really justify actually getting one right now because the good ole diaper bag does the job!
Because we planned to be gone for a while, Whitney brought her portabe DVD player and some Baby Einstein videos to help entertain Ellie... I'm still laughing at our "white trash duct tape job" to keep it from falling off the stroller.



And yes, those are hot pink and black tiger stripes on the tape, which adds just a touch of class, don't you think?


Paul and I joined a fitness challenge put on by one of my way-back Vernal friends, who is now a professional photographer in SLC. The challenge involves before(yikes!) and after pictures of both of us, and a summary of any lifestyle changes we made. It ends on July 1st, so wish us luck! The winner gets a free photo session and a bunch of other coooool stuff.
The prizes sound cool but (as Paul says) in the end, what's better motivation than a before picture?

Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

Maude said...

Oooo - - Easter Sunday - - that's a tough new-in-the-Ward speaking assignment! But I know you'll both do well. Glad you're both getting involved in the new ward, and just think, you might not have to do this again for three years or so!

Your fitness challenge sounds pretty demanding. Do you work out together, or do you each have your own program?

Happy Easter. Love you all.
Maude/Gram

Anonymous said...

You'll do great! I you really get stuck i have a no-fail story everyone loves - even the kids - "The Selfish Giant" by Oscar Wilder - has an Easter theme. Your bootcamp challenge sounds really great. Do they have a YMCA near you? The rates are lower and free childcare. Aren't I helpful today? It sounds like you and your friend had a great time shopping.
Love,
Melecia

Anonymous said...

I mean Oscar Wilde