Joni here.
Last week my uncle Don called and asked if I would write a short "History of the Moores" blurb for a geneological book he his putting together. He asked that it show my personality, and explain how our little family came to be. As I started typing, I realized that my life been blessed in ways I hardly deserve. As silly as it sounds, I got emotional several times thinking back on the last 7 years.
I'm including it here as a blog entry because I want it in our next blog book... so here is a brief history of "us" from my perspective.
My name is Joni Marie Moore, and I'd like to give you a history on my little family. Rewind back to 2002, I was studying Dietetics (...and cute guys...and the art of eating cookie dough straight from the package) at Utah State University in Logan. One evening my roomates and I attended a fundraiser for one of my courses. From across the room I noticed a dashing young man, and as luck would have it, the dashing young man happened to be my roomate's high school friend. That night I met the love of my life: Paul Clark Moore.
We spoke just long enough to exchange names, and soon became aquaintences. Over the next few months our aquaintence turned to freindship, and on June 5, 2004 I married my best friend for time and all eternity in the Vernal UT temple. That year Paul graduated from USU with his bachelors degree in Spanish with a History minor. For the next few years he worked at Lowe's to support us as I finished my Dietetics degree and completed a mandatory internship in Dallas, TX. In fact, our move from Utah to Texas was the first of SEVEN zip codes we would inhabit over the next seven years.
In 2007 I (finally) became a Registered Dietitian and took a turn supporting Paul, working as Dietary Director at a nursing home in College Station, TX. Paul received a master's degree in Human Resource Management from Texas A&M University and was recruited to work a summer internship for General Electric in Lousville, KY. After completing the internship, G.E. hired Paul and in 2008 we moved to West Hartford, CT.
By this time Paul and I had been married four years, and we decided it was time to expand our family and make a mini Moore. I spent most of my pregnancy in CT, and then we moved to Hillsborough, NC with a month and a half to go. We debated dozens of names for our little girl, but couldn't decide. I delivered at UNC hospital in Chapel Hill during a UNC vs. Duke football game on November 6, and at 12:02am Nov 7th we finally got to meet our baby. The first moment I saw her she was looking my direction with blue eyes, wide open. I knew in an instant that they were "Ellie" eyes. We named her Ellie Ryan (after her uncle) Moore, and the name couldn't fit more perfectly. Ellie made herself at home quickly by peeing and/or pooing on every family member who came to visit.
Our next move was to Longmont, CO. The opportunity to live in Longmont was a dream come true because not only was it close to Vernal, but it was also where Paul was born and raised. Ellie experienced many "firsts" in Colorado, including first birthday, first steps, first words, and first time sneezing sweet potatoes all over mommy's face. After 10 short months we were sad to say goodbye, but eager to settle down and stay a while in a new place. Which brings us to the present. We are currently living in the quaint little town of Garnderville, NV, just south of Carson City. We plan to stay here for several years and look forward to planting roots and adding another mini Moore to the family.
_________________________________________________________
Love you all, have a happy Thursday!
Joni
Thursday, May 5, 2011
History in the making.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Joni, you have a good way with words - you'd make a good coywriter for a magazine. That's the first time I've heard the Paul Moore family story. It was very nice. I'm glad that my brother got to meet and marry someone like you.
Glen
Is this a subtle way of telling us you are pregnant?
Sweet story of your wonderful life!
Love ya
Susan
Post a Comment