Sunday, June 12, 2011

JoAnn DeCamp - 1956-2011


What can I say to ease everyone's pain?
Other than "I'm sorry for your loss", or "someday we'll all be together again".
What can I say about a woman we all adored?
She kept everyone together, entertained, and never bored.
She hated peanut butter no doubt, but she loved my special eggs
And on an occasion or two she would even fart on my leg.
A dancing teddy bear could make her laugh all night long, and she had a testimony of the gospel that was so very strong.
She looked cancer in the eye, and battled toe to toe, saying "this will be good for me in the long run you know"
She raised two wonderful young men that would make any mom proud, they serve the Lord and proclaim aloud, "We will always remember you and love you mother, we'll choose the right and watch out for one another"

As we stand now together picking up the pieces, we remember the words of our Lord and Savior Jesus, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord"

Until the time comes that we see each other again...
We will always remember you, we love you, we'll be seeing you soon dear friend.

6 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Those are sweet and wonderful thoughts Joni. Your aunt has had a huge impact on your life. She will be missed greatly. I love your expressions of faith and admiration for one so loveable.
God bless you.

Mike

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

We are so saddened and so touched by your sweet thoughts about your remarkable Aunt. Our prayers are with you and your family. We love you so much!

Susan

Jen said...

Oh Joni, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I know that you loved her so much and were close! I will be thinking about you and your family. We should talk on the phone sometime. Love you.

Jen

Maude said...

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady, whom you loved so much - - -and who loved you back just as much. It's not going to be easy without her here, but she'll still be there for you in so many ways.
Love you and pray for you.
Mom

steve said...

So sorry to hear Joni.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful woman - it's sad how it seems like the best ones go first! Much love you you!

Melecia