Ellie's new favorite toy is the garden hose...okay so it's not her new favorite toy but we decided to just let her play with it and get soaked to learn a lesson, the only lesson she learned is that no matter how cold the water she'll still play in it...just because she can.
I was watching ESPN the other day and stopped on an interview of John Elway, one of my favorite sports icons ever, and I told Joni I was pretty sure the interview looked like it was in Lake Tahoe less than 15 miles away from us. She didn't beleive me, so of course I set out to prove it, as all husbands and wives do for stupid arguments...sure enough...he was there. Turns out there is a HUGE celebrity golf tourney every year up here in July, when I saw the list of Celebs it was a MUST to be there. Joni decided we should get a hotel and spend the night up there then hit up the tourney the next day, so we packed our toothbrushes and drove up for a quick little adventure. It was weird to see so many celebs everywhere. When Ellie went to sleep I took a walk for 15 minutes and in that short of time I ran into Jerome Bettis, Joey Porter, Carson Palmer, and Ozzie Smith. There weren't big crowds at all.
We walked around town Friday night and got some ice cream and cookies. On Saturday we got into Edgewood Golf Course for less than 20 bucks and within 5 minutes ran into Tim Tebow, Andy Petitte, and Jason Kidd. One of the guys missed a putt and Ellie said, "Ohh noooo" right on cue.
From there we were on a mission, trying to see as many celebs as we could. It was so much fun to walk around the course and Ellie was so good in her little stroller. I couldn't believe how few people were there, I was literally 2 feet from all of my favorite sports stars ever. We ended up seeing over 60 celebs, here are a few noteworthy ones: Michael Jordan, John Elway, Tony Romo, Ray Romano, Charles Barkley, the Jimmer, Jerry Rice, Ray Allen, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Carlton from Fresh Prince, and a ton of others. I'm not the type to try to reach out and high five or talk to them, but a couple of them I talked to just because we were walking next to each other and there was nothing else to do. Turned out to be a pretty fun day. Here are a few not so great pics from our cell phones.
Fredette putting, Barkley watching in the background.
John ElwayRay Ramano was cracking jokes, he was fun to watch.
Ray Allen teeing off, Jerry Rice watching.
Tim Tebow And finally...Michael Jordan teeing off right in front of us, never thought I'd be saying that.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Back Home, Celebrity Golf Tourney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
What a fun time - - -although I couldn't see Michael Jordan. Is he in a phantom picture?
The shots of Ellie and the hose are priceless. I hope you're keeping them in a safe place. The last one is especially cute and funny. She looks like she's feeling more joy than she can possibly contain!
Love you all.
Maude
I got a kick out of the pictures of Ellie. She has so much hair! She is tenacious, never gives up, and very strong personality. It's fun watching her grow up. That was exciting to see so many celebs. I am a real fan of Ray Romano. You were lucky to catch some of his humorous moments. It looks like you had a great time.
Love, Dad
I guess the Jordan video didn't work out, oh well, it works on our computer just not on the blog.
Paul
I just looked again, and the Jordan video was there! Hmmm - - -it WAS the phantom video, at least on my computer! Fun!
That's awesome. I'm very jealous! Maybe next year, we can come out and visit at that time and catch the tournament.
Glen
That is so cool! I love Ray Romano - and seeing Michael Jordan t-off! WOW! JEalous!
Paul - I think we could beat Jordan, that was a terrible swing! And for all the golf he plays I thought he would have a beautiful swing. Remember out hits on the ninth hole at Buena Vista?
The golf course right next to our house is holding a tourney in the end of August. We're excited to go!
Mike
Those are great photos of Ellie. Got to agree that MJ doesn't have the greatest looking swing in that clip. That's pretty sweet that you got to see that.
we invite you to join the newest social network KeepCloser.com
www.keepcloser.com
Post a Comment