The second leg of our trip was spent up in Island Park, we rented a cabin near the resevoir and had a blast. We went golfing, boating, floated down the river, swam off the dock, and played plenty of fun games in the cabin. It was a pretty big crowd, luckily no one was sick this time. Thanks Mom for renting the cabin, and uncle Don for renting the boat.Sitting and waiting for the boat. No one wanted to jump in because the sun wasn't out and it was cold. We eventually got in but we were all wimpy at first. There was a huge hail storm in the afternoon, so by the time I went out on the boat it was filled with ice balls. We just scooped them all out, but the lifejackets were FAAAAREEEEEEEEZING to put on.
We found out Ellie loves marshmallows. She always tastes stuff first with just her tongue, then if she approves she goes all out and shoves the whole thing in her mouth.I love campfires. Apparently our family doesn't mess around, the first night we had dutch oven dinners: Chicken Cordon Bleu with potatoes and peach cobbler.
There were plenty of kids around to entertain the little ones. Ellie is pretty independent and always busy, she doesn't like being messed with most of the time so this was a rare "still" moment with Becca. She actually played with Maggie in the bathtub, but the rest of the time poor Maggie was following her around without any love in return. I'm not sure how to socialize Ellie with other kids, she loves adults but doesn't like other kids. She is fine in nursery etc but only if she gets to play by herself.
I took this picture of Bess right before she fell all the way in the water, it was sad but also a little bit funny. When I saw these guys playing on the log I knew something was going to happen so I actually came over to take a picture of someone falling in, but I was admiring one of my cool pictures when it all went down. Oh well.There's always time for a family picture. After it was all done I drove back by myself because we took our long lost lovesac home. We are back and feeling exhausted but it was all worth it. I think we are done with big trips for the rest of this year. I wish I had more pics but sometimes when you are having fun you just don't even think about it.
Saturday, July 16, 2011
July trip part II
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great pictures, Paul! Thanks for posting them. They're wonderful - - -as are all the accompanying memories.
I wouldn't worry about Ellie and her socialization skills if I were you. When I studied child development, the consensus was that toddlers - - - -from 1 to about 2 or 3 enjoy "parallel play" - - - i.e., liking to be near other children, but not really relating to them in play, etc. I think she's pretty normal and well-adjusted - - - -and very, very cute!
Love you all - - -and miss you!
Mom/Gram
First off, I wish Glen blogged for me. That's so awesome you did it. Can I just copy and paste your blog about the reunion into mine? You said it all so perfectly.
Love the picture of Bess, I really need that.
Great pictures and fun times......my kids keep talking about the minute to win it game you guys did. Great job.
Carter wrote in his journal today about the reunion and he was sure to include that activity.
Love Ellie, they don't come much cuter then her!!!!!
Cute pictures! Looks like you all had a very nice time.
Love ya,
susan
Post a Comment