Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lake Day

As many of you know, I have been completely obsessed with watermelon this summer. At least 4 times in the past 4 months I've bought and eaten (with a little help from Ellie) an entire watermelon in <48 hrs. Paul can't really eat it because it makes his mouth itchy... but he knew just what to do for my 30th birthday cake this year. YUM!





I'm sure you all got the invitations I sent out for my wisdom-teeth-trauma pity party. I'm just glad it's mostly done! I have to go back one more time and have a crown glued on but I believe my dental fiasco is nearing a close.




This past weekend Paul and I had separate (but equally fun) Saturdays. He took off to golf 18 holes with some guys from our ward. Ellie and I met some friends and their kids at Lake Tahoe to play at the beach. I hadn't been to the actual beach yet, and it was breath-takingly beautiful the way the mountains and giant pine trees came all the way to the edge of the sand. The water was crystal clear, but a little on the chilly side!








I was a little worried the whole day would be an Ellie chasing game, which usually happens in open spaces. But remarkably (and much to my relief) Ellie was totally content playing in the sand ALL day! She even spent a good amount of time playing with Cole, which is amazing for those of you who know Ellie. All-in-all our day was a total blast - it's my goal to get back at least twice before it turns too cold!

6 comments:

Jen said...

i didn't get invited to the party...you looked hilarious in that pic. I hope you ate lots of smoothies and frozen yogurt. MISS YOU.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

As ever it was enjoyable to see your activities in the Lake Tahoe area. That's a beautiful place and wonderful friends. Ellie looks adorable.

Love you, Dad

Maude said...

Love the watermelon cake! Very creative, and perfect for the watermelon girl! I didn't get an invitation to your pity party either, but the picture helps me appreciate what I missed. Ouch! I hope you're feeling much better now.

The beach pictures are great, and look like great fun. Ellie seems totally entranced by the whole thing. She's growing so fast.

Love you all so much.

Maude/Gram

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Wow, I had no idea you were going thru all that dental trauma! I am so proud of you for facing your fears and getting all that done!! You are so brave! The watermelon cake is adorable! Paul is awesome! Can't wait to come out there some day and play in that beautiful lake!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! The watermelon cake is a think of beauty - well done Paul. Lake Tahoe beach looks so pretty, and relaxing. You deserved the pity party. Garrett had his out on the same day and it took him two weeks to really start feeling better.
Melecia

The 'Smarty Pants' Family said...

that watermelon cake looks awesome!