Sunday, August 28, 2011

Emerald Bay

Hey all, just in case you were wondering what types of things make my day - little purple tennis shoes jumped to the top of the list this week.




We have been busy getting ready for (another!) move. Luckily, we are just headed across town to a different house since our landlord decided to sell our current house. So we have been BUSY, but Paul always takes time to play!



Yesterday we hiked down to Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe with our new friends the Millwards. The views were amazing on mile hike down to the water.





Marsha and I are true moms, packin' around kid gear and snacks... although I won't say I didn't enjoy my fair share of Teddy Grahams. They seriously might be my new favorite food.



Some day I WILL get a picture of Ellie and I where she is not trying to squirm away!





Right beside the beach front there are some beautiful flowers surrounding a "castle" that was built by some woman of royalty... who visited Lake Tahoe... details are pretty fuzzy, but that's what Marsha said. I should probably get the facts straight before writing about it but I'm too lazy on this Sunday afternoon. Anyways, it is pretty.
Emerald Bay is on the opposite side of the lake from where I last took Ellie. There were many unique little things to keep my attention all morning. Like the castle...



...this little Blue Jay (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no ornithologist [yes, I looked that word up but am still to lazy to research the castle story])...



...and a riverboat tour that circled the Bay twice while we were there. It looks like fun!







Can you ever go wrong with some Teddy Grahams and a Yoohoo? I say no. I love this picture (below) of Ellie putting out the vibe!





We had such beautiful weather in NV this weekend; a stark contrast to our friends and family on the east coast. It's good to know the worst has passed, you are all in our prayers. Love you all!

8 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

You are moving again? I'm so sorry, but I hope you love your new house and that it's a smooth move. It will definitely be different than the last couple of moves doing it yourselves without the help of the pros!! Good luck. Wish we were there to help! Your pictures are awesome. Would love to hear the story of the castle! :) Ellie is so darn cute and we miss you guys soooo much!

Jenny Moore said...

I'm so sorry you have to move again...that stinks!
Looks like a beautiful weekend to be out exploring!!
LOVE the purple tennis shoes...too cute!!!

Maude said...

You are lucky ducks to have Tahoe so close. It's really beautiful. The castle is Vikingsholm Castle, and according to Lonely Planet you can buy tickets to tour the house to see the Scandinavian architecture/do the paddle boat.

Thanks for the awesome photos. Ellie is so expressive and fun right now, isn't she. Love that little girl!

Good luck with the move. I'm sure it will go well. We'll be thinking about you. :)

Love you lots.
Maude

Maude said...

P.S. - Love the purple shoes! Perfect!

The 'Smarty Pants' Family said...

those shoes are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Does this work?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it does, okay! I was having some trouble posting. Your pictures are so nice, Joni! I'm sorry you guys have to move again so soon - even if it is in town. Ellie is so cute. Want to come visit!

Melecia

buy rift account said...

WoW! great pics.. super love the purple shoes.