Wednesday, January 25, 2012


We had some quiet time and some crazy time over the holidays this year, from just the three of us to 8 of us including 5 trips to the airport in 4 days. We enjoy playing guide though so it was fun. Andrea gave me a Michael Jackson sparkly glove for Christmas which I thought was pretty weird (secretly pretty cool too), until I saw that she gave me the MJ dancing video game as well to go with it. So as you can imagine, we did A LOT of dancing.

Joni's 2 MAN cousins were here too, I say "MAN" because I've never seen 2 guys eat so much in my life. I'll never forget the moment I watched Joni's cousin Shon sit at the table with a tub full of cold ham...he proceeded to clean out the entire tub full of cold meat without any sauce, drink, chip, utensil or anything I would consider normal. I couldn't stop staring and I'm sure he was feeling self conscious, but I couldn't help it.

Andrea and Joni were pretty good at the dancing game, I was trying too hard to look like MJ and had a tough time but it was pretty fun, especially once you get to know the routine. The Wii doesn't like "freestyle MJ".

I love the picture below, we had Jed and Shon throw Ellie in the air behind us since she wouldn't hold still. Of course no children were hurt in the making of this picture, but we thought it worked out pretty well...can you find Ellie?
A couple of weekends ago we decided to check out the north side of Lake Tahoe for a change, making a trip up to Truckee. Truckee is a fun little town just off the main highway, it's very close to Donner Pass. It actually reminded me a lot of Estes Park in Colorado.

We bought some fudge, checked out the shops, and ate at a really good burger place we saw on the Food Network.

There were lots of dogs there. Ellie loves dogs but she refuses to touch them, she'll just scream and clap but then turn away when they come near. That makes me miss Dilly sometimes, I don't know if we'll ever be able to get a dog again, for now we like other people's dogs.


I'm not sure why Joni uploaded these pictures. We have a deal going, I will write a blog as long as Joni uploads the pictures. We finally got some rain/snow here. It has been the driest winter here since 1893, I never thought I would say I golfed in January but I just did.


This is the pond next to our house, Ellie loves throwing rocks into it, of course we always worry about it as parents but so far so good.

Joni has been really into her Zumba and spin classes. In fact, someone from her class asked her to teach "hip-hop zumba" for the local middle school kids. So she is working on some routines and putting some music together which she loves doing anyways.

Ellie's favorite phrases for the week are "Wait a minute...", "I go to time out?", and "hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog". We are hoping to get her into a toddler bed soon, and we are having NO LUCK with the potty training yet.

I've been playing basketball a couple of times a week, and staying really busy at work. Nothing else really happened that I can think of...oh yeah, I guess I can report that we'll be having baby number 2 in July. We are excited and just hoping for another happy, healthy little one.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Love how you snuck the baby news in... congratulations!!! :)

Maude said...

Thanks Paul and Joni! Good teamwork on news, views, and photos! Love it all. Can't believe how long Ellie's hair is, and how much she strings words together for one so young. Love that little girl - - -and her parents too!
I was going to get a zumba dvd the other day, but settled for Chris Fregtag. Maybe Joni can teach me how to "bust some moves" when I see you??

Love you much.
Maude/Gram
Love you all

Maude said...

P. S. Do you know the gender of the little one yet, or are you keeping that a secret? (Don't tell me you're not going to find out this time, because I know how "someone" is about secret surprises? :)

x0x0x0xx
Maude

Jen said...

i knew it! congrats! we love you guys! maybe a reunion can be planned this summer??

ps ellie's hair is soooo long!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a fun time with family! I love a man sized appetite - that would have been fun to watch your cousin eat the Ham. Love the updates on Ellie and of course the news of baby #2 in July! Joni, I love cycling and zumba too! You'll be a great middle school fitness instructor!
Love,
Meleica

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

The hamburger place brought back memories of "Five Guys, Freddies," and "Smashburgers" when you lived here. We'll have to try that one out when we see you. Even though Dilly was a pest we still miss her too. Susan loves Zumba too. That's a great project to work with the middle school. A good bribe for Ellie will be she gets the bed ater she learns to use the potty. We're excited for your new pregnancy. We're most likely going to reach 20 grandchildren this year. Wow.

Love, Dad

Moore Family said...

Can I just put Ellie in my pocket and have her come entertain us day after day? She's so cute & her hair is way too long for her age!
Looks like you guys are having fun!
Congrats on number 2......life is about to get alot busier for ya'll!

Wissam said...

Nice post, except I am an outsider :P god bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Baby Brands Direct holds all items in stock for a speedy next Beats By Dre Headphonesworking day delivery service ensuring retailers have products when they need them. The Baby brands direct wholesale website is also packed full of lots of product Hogan Sneakersdetails and features so retailers can pass all the relevant knowledge onto the consumer. In addition, retailers can watch interactive product de