Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Just girls...plus dad

You know you are a true parent when your wife frantically texts you to tell you that your 2 year old stuck her hand in her dirty diaper pants, pulled out a poo, and is in the process of wiping it on her bedroom wall. I felt bad I wasn't there to help but that's also one of those moments I couldn't help but laugh out loud all by myself in my office at work. We have not even tried to get this girl potty trained, but maybe it's about that time to start thinking about it.
Speaking of milkshakes...feels like we've been doing a lot of eating out, when you have 2 little ones sometimes it feels like the options are limited so the times you can get out of the house are typically enjoyed by stuffing our faces. Ellie and I enjoying a chocolate shake at Johnny Rockets, I was able to get a few sips in before she completely took over.
Reese is so smiley, then within a second she is screaming at the top of her lungs. It will peirce your eardrums if you are too close, definitely didn't have that problem with Ellie. I think she is so happy all the time because she always has gas and has 30 year old man toots. They are not dainty at all, I'm so proud of her. Reese's crying literally has 5 levels. Level 1 is louder than most babies at their level 5, by the time you get to 5 she is red and sweating and grunting and choking and screaming bloody murder. It also escalates in pitch with each level change, she is so talented.
Still little baldy, we cannot for the life of us figure out who she looks like, but between her toots she sure is cute. She is starting to use her hands and reach for things.
And...here we are at La Hacienda Del Sazon, our favorite new Mexican restaraunt in town. We have yet to be able to get a picture with all of us looking normal, at least Joni always looks good.
I guess bows make her look like a girl, Joni has taught me that you don't go out in public with a baby girl with no hair and no bow. A little old lady in church told me how adorable she looked in her dress, then she asked me her name and I said "Reese", then she looked puzzled and said, "oh, HE is cute". I guess not everyone is accustomed to Reese being a girl's name. She walked away feeling bad...AWKWARD.
Reese with her sort of cousin Cora, they are 2 days apart. Joni's family came for the baby blessing...
...14 of us to be exact. We ended up moving to our new house that same weekend. We pulled out of the house we were going to buy, long story but it didn't feel right in the end, we found a great place just in time. Moving stinks. I was so worried that Reese would scream during the blessing, she hates to not be held up against you, luckily I had Jim on bottle patrol and he popped that thing in as soon as she started level 1. She was perfectly happy sucking away, then we popped it out right at the end, everyone couldn't believe that she was awake and didn't cry...that'll be our little secret.

cute girls
Hanging out by the fire pit, roasting marshmallows, one of our favorite things to do. It's beard season by the way, but don't judge me as this was week 1.
Tell us who you think she looks like cause we sure don't know.

6 comments:

Jen said...

beardy beardy

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Such sweet pictures of you and your darling family. I think your beard looks really good even at week 1. I can't figure out who Reese looks like either, but she sure is a cute little gal! I'm so happy you love fires and roasting marshmallows! That's one of my favorite things in the whole world!!

love you guys,
Susan

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I love your blogs! It sounds like the tootinest, noisiest, cutiest pair of babies in the whole world. Yes it is time to train Ellie. Glad you like your new house and that you are getting settled.

Much love,
Dad

steve said...

I don't know who she looks like...but at this time she definitely has her Dad's hair.

Maude said...

Darn! Steve beat me to the best line I could think of! :) I'm not sure who she looks like, either, but every time I see her and Ellie together, I think of the differences between Joni and Andrea - - -in height, general body type, coloring, etc.

Thanks for all the great photos. And to quote my son Paul (what he used to say to his Mom) TMI on the "wall decoration!" Ugh. I'm so glad it was at your house.

Love you all so much.
Mom/Gram

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet that little sweetheart! One thing is for sure, her and Ellie (for now) look quite a bit different.

Kendi