Monday, May 13, 2013

This past weekend Andrea came for a visit, Joni was having a tough week and it was nice of Andrea to drive over to hang out for a couple of days. We had a busy, but fun kind of busy weekend. I went golfing for a work event, then the second I got home we went to a friend's BBQ at the lake behind their house. The weather was beautiful in the morning, then got cold and gray by the time we were all half dressed and eating.

I brought a couple of kayaks from work and Ellie was so excited to ride in them. She wouldn't stop talking about it all weekend.

On the way home we made the mistake of trying to stack 2 kayaks on top of one another. It was really windy and started raining, they almost came off the car twice, finally Andrea stood in the seat holding on to them while we were driving. It was all very illegal but a nice gesture by Andrea and we made it home safe and sound...except that Andrea was frizzled and wet.
Did we mention that Reese is a scavenger and a miniature garbage disposal? She is so skinny but is wanting to eat all the time. She makes sure our floors are clean and that no crumbs go uneaten, sounds gross but we can't stop her fast enough to clean up. Ellie and Reese collaborate, Ellie opens the fridge then Reese sneaks in and starts munching...no piece of ham is safe...
After 12 years of tender loving care and memories, we sold my little Toyota truck. I had that thing before Joni and I even knew each other. I was back and forth about the idea for months and I finally decided to just see what happened if I put it on Craigslist. It sold in less than 2 hours and I was offered more than what I asked for it. It was sad, but our desire to have a second car that could take around the kids outweighed the need to keep it.

Before you go and feel sorry for me...we made up for it with an upgrade...this bad boy is ginormous and seats 6 adults comfortably. Ellie is crazy about it and she wants to just sit in daddy's new truck all the time...Joni and I are equally crazy about it. Sure is fun to drive, and I have to say every time I drive it I feel like listening to country music...where's the trailer to go on the back?

For pretty much the first time since having both girls we went out and tried to take some pictures of both of them. Here are the results...
 ...Happy Ellie...then concerned Reese


 She has more hair than this picture lets on, it's actually about an inch long but all blonde.

 

 
That flower on Reese's head grew somehow.

8 comments:

Jen said...

good bye truck! I was sooo sad to sell my libby but that mini van has filled its void ha.

Steve said...

Cool new wheels.

Reese raiding the fridge is hilarious. What a great story.

Trying to picture Andrea holding Kayaks on a moving vehicle is pretty funny as well. Should have take a picture. :)

Jenny Moore said...

Love all the pictures of your cutie pies! Can't wait to meet Reese and to see Ellie again!
We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

It's your old truck on steroids - same color and make, just twice as big. That's awesome and I admit, I'm jealous.

My Accord is like that - had since 2001 and it now has 170K+ miles. Figure she's been faithful and a keeper but it's now getting to the point where the repair costs are more than the car is worth.

Not sure what new car I'd get but it won't be another used silver Honda sedan. Maybe a silver used Acura sedan. ;) Or maybe I'll go buck wild and get a Ford F150 or a Jeep Wrangler.

Love the pictures of the girls.

Glen

Unknown said...

Awesome photos! Thanks so much. Lovely girls, all of them - - -and you and the truck are okay, too, Paul! I also like the little conspiracy Elllie and Reese have about the refrigerator. Perfect plan! :)
Good looking truck, Paul!

Love you all lots,
Maude/Gram

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Great truck, great pictures! Great family.

Love you.
Dad

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Cute pictures of the girls!! Love your new truck!

Susan

TUTSOFT-INFO said...

Nice Post,foto.. All is interesting!!! Thank!!!
TUTSOFT - INFO BLOG