I think I am going to kill my neighbors dog. They have one of those little furry rat dogs that just yelp all day long, I have no idea why anyone would ever want one of those things. I am cringing right now every time I hear the little weenie yelp. I actually saw a lady in the airport last time we were there with her little dog in a "doggie purse" that even had mesh and everything so that the dog could see out. When did that become cool to treat your dog like a baby? Why is that cute and cuddily? I am letting out a little steam about a pet peeve of mine because this dog next door has not stopped yelping...not just barking...but sobbing and whining all morning long. For some reason my dad decided to cross into the small dog threshold and now he is addicted to westy's. I have never smelled a dog with worse gas than a westy, and I don't know many dogs that throw up as much as they do. Then when you make a comment about a small dog, everyone seems to come to the dogs defense...as if it can understand. I made a little dog want to pee himself the other day at work. A little chiuahah was sitting in a shopping cart...like a baby is supposed to...and when its owner left I growled at it, and he started shivering uncontrollably. You can't imagine the owners reaction when they saw how scared the little guy got when he was left alone. I am sure they rewarded him with a new shirt or something. We have a cat hospital in Dallas, I am not kidding. One of Joni's friends from her internship had a sick cat and she took it to the cat hospital where they hooked it up to an IV and was nursed back to health. Must have been the bird flu...sorry I couldn't resist that horrifying pun. By the way, speaking of animals...It is good to know that when I mention the word "ponies" that you all go into random thought mode from my last blog (see comments). Ya'll are too much.
Living in Dallas, Texas is one of the most intersting experiences I have had in recent memory. The weather is bearable now...it will still take me a while to understand the way of the south "Texas style". We like it here and the people are fun most of the time, but we still have yet to understand why so many people call Texas "heaven on earth". I don't want to say anything else in case a Texan reads my blog and gets all riled up because Texas pride is for real. They have a segment on the news called "Don't mess with Texas" about someone who does something to harm the environment or Texas lifestyle every day. As if all of the oil drilling and Dairy Queens in EVERY town (not kidding) help the environment. Oh well, pride can be a good thing sometimes. Just don't try and covince me that dogs are humans...especially little ones.
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Thursday Afternoon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I don't like little dogs either. Maybe that makes me an unkind person, but I was relieved when Mollie left. It was funny because Kendi gave her a bath the day before Dad drove her back to Colorado. At 10:00 that night, I let her in and she had a black skunk line all down her back to the tip of her tail and she stunk!!! I don't know what she was rolling in, but Kendi hosed her down again and Mollie got into bed with Carter... not before drying herself off on the back of the couch and we found a couple more turds in the basement. I'm not exaggerating. Bon viage sucka!
Glen
It's not just little dogs. Buffy is the dog next door. I have no idea what kind of dog it is, but it's old, has bad joints and looks like it's carrying a bunch of old dirty toupees. I swear that dog craps on my lawn for spite. If I don't yell at it in time, it will slowly limp across to the middle of my yard, squat and turn looking for me as if to say, "Here's one for you Glenny Body!" I'll throw a party the day that dog dies! Can't tell you the number of times we've slid on her wet ones.
I totally agree about the little dog thing! Somehow, in the making of little dogs, the Lord forgot the crucial part - - the "dog" personality. I just have a hard time thinking of the little yappers as "dogs" at all - - -more like some strange mutation of a cat, a coyote, and a weasal, maybe. And their owners are sometimes pretty ridiculous.
However, I must come to the defense of some big dogs. There have never been better dogs than Jake, Marshall, and Carmel. I miss all three of them - - -but I don't miss the dog HAIR, and the doggy fluffs!! Jake used to even look guilty when he let one go - - -just like the boys!! :)
However, as good as dogs can be, they just can't measure up to a good pony - - -right Paul!?
I like big dogs, don't get me wrong, its just the little ones. Marshall was a big dog because he was huge and waddled, unlike small dogs.
Post a Comment