It is almost midnight and I am at the computer still sweating from the 107 degree Texas heat, wondering why I got myself into this blog thing. I am not pregnant and moody...neither is Joni...nor do I have any kids to talk about, it is just me and my wife. I sincerely hope in creating this blog I do not lose the respect of all those who love and admire me and all of my wonderful qualities (was that out loud?), but if ya'll (there I said it) choose to read anything from this blog, please know that I only created it to practice my skills. If you want to be successful (and get girls if you're still single) you've got to have skills...typing skills, computer skills, nunchuck skills, poetry reading skills, blogging skills...whatever it is, I want to fully develop my skills in order to be the blogger I was sent to this earth to be.
Do you ever wonder what goes on in a background check for employment? If someone knows please tell me. Would they look at my blog for example? Or call my mom to ask what kind of kid I was? I always wonder if that's what really goes on in the pentagon, they just sit there and read blogs all day long. I wrote a paper about Fidel Castro in college to see what kind of reaction I could get, I ended up getting a perfect score, but I think I am on an FBI watch list now. That is funny how things work out like that. When I was a kid I decided that I was sick and tired of being scared by monsters, so I painted three red dots on my t-shirt so whenever I felt scared I would just lie down and pretend like I was dead...sure enough the monsters never bugged me when I was dead, but when I was alive and running around I got scared. Come to think of it, I applied to an internship at the FBI the summer after I met Joni, right after I wrote the paper on Castro, so either they didn't like it, or my wife works for the FBI in secret. I think I am going to regret writing all of this by the time I wake up in the morning, but I guess you can only ask for so much at midnight. Everyone should write a blog at midnight...consider this an invitation.
Monday, August 21, 2006
What am I Doing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
There are cases where people have been "let go" from their employment from what they said on blogs. Although, they were usually giving away trade secrets and making disparaging remarks. So I don't think you have to worry too much.
You make me laugh so hard. Everyone at work thinks I am crazy, I am literally laughing out loud.
I miss you guys!
Andrea told me to check out your blog and I am glad she did. Paul, you are hilarious; it makes me miss sharing an "office" with you at Lowe's.
When I started my job as a federal contractor last week, I was warned not to put security-sensitive information on blogs. Also, as they are conducting my security check, I am a little worried about a paper I wrote too.
Oh Crap
Post a Comment