Saturday, August 26, 2006

What a Day



I didn't want to blog today because I was actually getting tired of myself beleive it or not. That stinks when you are annoying to yourself...Joni does that a lot, she starts a story and then out of nowhere she'll say "I'm tired of hearing my voice" and she'll stop talking...weird. Last night we tried to find a restaraunt downtown that is cheap and really good, but we ended up getting lost. After driving around for over an hour we ending up eating at some tex-mex place 2 blocks from our house. This morning we went to get some papers out of the green machine, and found it with the windows busted out, the dashboard on the front seat and the stereo gone. I think the theives tried to steal the car but it doesn't run...I would have liked to see their faces when they found that out, or when they realize how crappy the stereo is. It was funny because while I was there the Target "security" officer rode by on his golf cart and didn't even look at me...maybe he thought I was the one breaking in and he didn't want to bother me, or do his job. Then I found out that our insurance didn't cover the car. What to do? Cash for cars man, the green machine is gone. I didn't have a choice, it is better to get a couple hundred out of it than to let someone tow it away tonight and cash in. I spent Saturday getting approved for a loan and buying a car...I still feel like throwing up a little, it just comes up bits at a time whenever I think about what we have just done, but I couldn't be happier that Joni has a good car now. The Rangers game was fun (see pics), the drive was eventful because of a huge accident on the freeway and there was also a Cowboys game at the same time. I'm trying to download a picture of Joni's car, if it works...nope, didn't work. It is a Suzuki Aerio, looks like a distorted picture of a wagon, like it has been smooshed...kind of like one of those pug dogs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks, man. You are due some good luck. I checked out the car on the internet and it looks pretty cool. Texas sounds great . . .
I'm sure it will get better but that is a tough way to start. You could always come manage the Lowe's that they're going to build in Bozeman. I'll look for apartments.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so that bites. The green turd has gone the way of the Dodo.

I don't know why I'm admiting to this, but I thought I had a better car story going yesterday than you up until I read this.

Yesterday, after retrieving our own little green turd (the accord) from its 4th time extended stay at the shop. I threw my alternative form of transportation(bike) on the rack to bring it home. The car seemed to be working great(well, great except for no a/c, stereo or speedometer)...but hey, I was happy, it goes from point a to point b, case closed. So I arrived home, opened the garage and proceeded to drive in. End of story.....kinda. Lets just make one little side note that bikes on car racks do NOT fit in your average car garage. To top it all off....there was this REALLY hot blonde that saw the whole thing. Great timing.

Anyway...hopefully someone else's idiocy make it all a little more laughable.

Congrat Joni on the new wheels!!

Anonymous said...

Woke up this morning thinking about you - - -and am proud that you're still smiling! Remember Maude's old adage, "Where there's manure, there has to be a pony!) :) - - -Yeh, you're talking to the cock-eyed optimist, but you obviously have a few of those genes running through your veins - - -You said you kinda' like ponies - - -and the sense of humor is alive and well. Onward and upward!!!

Paul and Joni said...

thats pretty funny steve, I think the blondes are supposed to be the ones who do that. Just because you don't have hiar doesn't mean you can pass for a blonde.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,