Yesterday Joni and I decided to go downtown and walk around for fun. Dallas is an interesting city, it is VERY quiet. It made me realize how incredibly unique New York City is. I remember Chicago being similar to Dallas but with a lot more history and taxi cabs. There are quite a few tall buildings but all in all, it is like a ghost town because nobody was outside. There is a cool historic west end that we want to check out sometime, lots of restaraunts and clubs that are only open at night. I noticed there is a whole block dedicated to the baptsit church, kind of like temple square but not even close to as pretty. They have a neon sign and a huge conference center where I imagine they have thier televised broadcasts every week. I was watching one for fun the other day on my lunch break and this big black guy was yelling and screaming with sweat pouring down his face, babbling in an unknown language and everyone was dancing around an crying...to be honest it was kind of creepy.
Our favorite place so far has been the grassy knoll, we took some pictures a while back but they didn't turn out, so we did a "drive by" yesterday but the pictures aren't posting, I'll try again later. I really want to go the museums around that area too. The cool thing about the grassy knoll is that there is no monument to commemorate President Kennedy, all there is is a sign saying that this spot has historical significance, and there are two X's painted on the street where the President was shot. The 6th floor window of the book depository is still open and the building is now a museum. The interesting thing is that no one around here ever mentions this spot, probably not something Texans want to be proud of. There are no directions to get there, it just popped up out of nowhere when we first got here and the only reason I knew what it was is because I recognized it from all of my studying in history about that time period. Sorry everyone, I guess the boring history buff slipped out of me for this blog...maybe I should give him a name like Glen does with his sleep walking alter ego...nah.

The book depository building
Dallas World Aquarium...and something in my mouth.



7 comments:
Paul, you and Joni will be excellent tour guides on my visit to Dallas next month. I am very excited to see all the sights!
The world's aquarium is awesome..I took the girls there when we were in Dallas. I enjoy your history ramblings...I love history!!
Have fun
I want to go to the aquarium.
Can you pet dolphins in the aquarium?
Neat photos! Wanna' be a travel agent - - another talent, undoubtedly!! Can I go to the aquarium, too? Puh-leeze!
What was in your mouth? Did you watch the Office tonight?
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment