

Ever heard of fried coke? that's what I am popping into my mouth. It was actually pretty good. Coke flavored batter in coke syrup with whip cream and cinnamon. Joni got a fried snickers...some of the other fried choices were fried cheesecake, peanut butter and jelly with banana, oreos, pickles and many more. Joni and I decided to go to the Texas state fair this weekend to have some fun, it was the most gigantor fair I have ever been to. It was really fun but REALLY hot. 96 degree Texas heat when you are outside for over four hours is nuts. I don't remember fairs being as expensive as this one was, maybe it was because my mom always gave me money. We were really excited when we had a little book of coupons to do whatever we wanted with, until we realized that each ride was like 500 coupons a piece. We ended up going on the famous 215 foot ferris wheel and that was about it. We ended up getting a lot of exercise though from all of the walking...when it was all said and done, a fair is a fair anywhere you go...fun to experience until you remember when you told yourself last time you probably wouldn't go again. The fried stuff was definately the highlight.
View from the ferris wheel, the cotton bowl is off to the right. My "crazy" weekend turned out okay, I called in sick one day because Joni finally had a free weekend and I wanted to take advantage of the rare time we could spend together. It is funny calling in sick when you are not really sick, I hadn't done that since school days. I always feel like I owe a lot more to my work than I really do so it was good to fake it once. When in doubt, use the "I ate something bad" routine...it never fails.

9 comments:
The fairs are always good for people watching. I don't know what it is about the fair but they generally attrack a pretty weird crowd. Like you said they aren't cheap so how some of those people get in and play, I don't get. Maybe they save up all year for it?
Thanks for the neat photos! It looks fun - - -as fairs can be, but I agree they've become very expensive! The Idaho State Fair wasn't bad because the books of tickets were sponsored by local businesses and really were a pretty good deal. You'd never guess, but I always liked the animals and music best! :) I was reading an article last week about unique things at fairs and they mentioned the giant "Texas Slim" or whatever his name is. - - also mentioned a lady's chicken-throwing contest in Ohio, as well as a bunch of other "fun." There are some neat - - and some very strange - -things to be be found at fairs. Glad you had some fun time in your busy life!
What's that thing coming off of the back of Joni's head?
I can't see the Cotton Bowl.
It appears Joni has grown an extra arm out of the back or her head. I think that could come in *cough* handy.
Nice action shot of the ice cream eating...I almost feel like I'm there...well....minus the heat humidity and Texans.
Fried Snickers? Who knew. Maybe I'll do fried green bean and other assorted vegtables maybe my kids will eat them as long as they can dip them in ketchup!
Looks like fun!
gloin, the cotton bowl was off to the right, not in the pic. I can post another pic but its kind of boring...big and old...the stadium. We like watching people too, we actually took some pictures on the camera phone (so no one could tell we were taking pictures) and we got some good ones. I had to walk next to a guy to be conspicuos, he was like 8 feet tall and could have eaten me, I'll post them if I can
Oh, you were talking about the Cotton Bowl STADIUM. I was looking for slaves picking up cotton and putting it in their bowls! There are still slaves in Texas right?
Why doesn't Joni make comments on the blog? Does she read them? I don't know, but if someone was saying that I've got something growing off my head, I'd be setting the record straight. Joni, I'm calling you out!
Believe it or not Gloin, I check the blog almost daily - I just enjoy reading what every one has to say ;) I really should comment more! As for the thing on my head, we're looking into it. Hopefully it's not some freakish arm-shaped tumor that will take on a life of it's own and start grabbing people when I'm not looking. That would be embarassing. - JonI
Joni,
I'm glad you feel comfortable enough with me that you can call me Gloin, but don't ever do that again!
Look at the bright side. A third arm might come in handy. You can eat, drive, and talk on the cell phone all at once.
Post a Comment