I found something to do now during the days when I work night shifts and Joni is gone to work...at least temporarily. Joni and I rented the show "My Name is Earl", it could definately be up there with one of my favorite shows now. It is on right before "the Office" so I always catch the end of it but I never really saw the whole show. I was laughing so hard by myself that I would start coughing...maybe I am getting sick...I don't know. Maybe the show just hits so close to home since we are in Texas but who knows, it's really funny. Laughing really is the best medicine sometimes. Last night Joni and I went to Walmart to buy some "safe tread" shoes for her work, we ended up taking almost an hour to get there because of the rediculous freeway traffic at all hours in this city, but it was fun because we had some good conversations on the way there. Joni is a pretty funny and goofy girl, her personality along with her genuine kindness and regard to everyones feelings is what really drew me to her. Its funny how growing up the littlest things can influence you. I remember in fourth grade my mom picked me up from school and we gave a girl I kind of liked a ride on the way home. This girl ended up making fun of one of our neighbors because of some boots that she wore when she was fishing, I could tell my mom was just grinding her teeth...needless to say I stopped liking that girl pretty quick. I guess it's not really what you say sometimes, but how you say it.
I don't know if it was how we were raised or what, but I have never been able to understand people who pick on those who are different. For some reason I always felt a close bond to the kid who was picked on, or the kid who was different. I really feel for the first time in my life that I am headed in the right direction in my career, going into human resource management. It is funny how everything falls into place...I seriously picked it out one day because of a school counselor I was talking to, she gave me a magazine to read and told me that if I liked it, that I should look into hr as a career. So here I am, having never taken a class in human resource management, but I know it is what I want to do. I have been working a little bit each week learning the ropes with my hr manager just to get some experience and it is awesome to feel like I finally belong somewhere. I love the idea of playing "police" when the big shot business man tries to do something shady, or being that intermediary between the employee and the law, or hiring, interviewing and training new employees. I sound really boring but I think I found my little place and it feels good.
Utah State finally won behind a freshman quarterback who was the local high school hero last year, it takes someone from the Cache valley to understanad the lack of respect the football team has, and deservingly so, but maybe he can turn it around.
Broncos tonight! feel free to call me and update me even though I will be at work, and I don't have ESPN...I listen to messages. Even though it is Monday it is like my Friday today, tomorrow is my first day off from both jobs in about 4 weeks, then back to the grind.
Monday, October 9, 2006
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Great blog Paul, more of the serious side of you. I couldn't agree with you more about Joni. I think it says something about a person when kids are totally drawn to that person. My kids love her, well and you.
I also tend to lean toward the underdogs. It's hard to see others not fit in and feel left out. I hate that.
I am glad you have found what really interest you. I think that is a hard thing to figure out.
I'll have glen call you with updates on the game. Go Broncos!
Hey, Paul - -good bloggin' - - and you DID pick up on something I've always valued greatly - - -treating everyone as an equal - - not judging or belittling. Thanks. I agree about Joni. She just has a way of endearing herself to everyone - -no matter what the age! Neat to hear about your insights about your career. As you know, I've always felt you should do something that utilized your gifts with people. You're much the same as Joni in that way, you know! Guess that's why you make a great couple!! We'll certainly be cheering for the Broncos - - and will keep in touch about them - -just in case Glen gets involved and forgets to call! You'll probably be flooded with more calls than your phone can handle!
P. S. - - I also remember how super you were with the handicapped boy who sang by you in Jr. High choir. That's a rare and impressive quality. (Yeah,yeah, I know I'm "the Mom" - -but it's true!)
Paul:
what a wonderful blog. You are such a great person and you will do so great in the HR field.
Thanks for being such a great inspiration to us all.
I agree with everyone about Joni! You picked a great gal and she really is such a great match with you.
I'm pretty sure our FHE activity is the Bronco game! Go Bronco's! It's supposed to start snowing about half-time! We are kind of excited for the first snow of the season!!
Susan
Thanks for all the messages on my phone, I got like twenty messages from mom, dad, and Joel combined. Joni was worried because she thought someone died because she saw that there were so many messages. It was cool to hear everyone explain in thier own way what happened during the game.
Mom: called every 10 min to update
Joel: didn't say anything, just screamed in the phone lots
Dad: described the weather conditions, the plays, the emotion, what he was wearing, the rain, the Broncos remaining schedule and record etc. etc.
Thanks everyone! it made the game great even though I didn't watch it.
Paul - the Broncos won. I know it's late, but I just read your blog. That was a pretty good game - the defense is better than I've ever seen it.
You have quite the fan-club, Paul. I think you are dumb and ugly.
Yeah...and Paul...seriously...your boots have GOT to go. Even when fishing.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment