Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wacky weather...wacky thoughts

Yesterday the craziest thing happened. At 4 o'clock it was 88 degrees, 3 hours later it was in the low fifties...talk about your cold front. I guess it isn't that wierd because Logan used to do that a lot too. Come to think of it that isn't very wierd at all, sorry everyone. I guess I am used to the nights not cooling off and now that it finally cooled off at night it has been really wierd. Joni's sister Andrea got here last night to visit for a couple of days, I am starting to think that weather follows some people wherever they go. The cold front is supposed to be here until Sunday when Andrea leaves, then go back to normal...wierd. You can only imagine how people around here were freaking out, you would have thought it was the end of the world...just with everyone wearing beanies and coats instead of burning and dying...that was an inside thought.

Have any of you ever started writing a blog or anything for that matter and then you realize that you don't know why you are even writing and then you want to erase everything and forget about it? I wish sometimes that there was no such thing as backspace or delete so that you could know exactly what people are thinking without having thier writing edited. I bet there are some pretty funny love letters out there that were thrown away before the "real deal" came out. Joni wishes she knew poeple's thoughts sometimes just to hear some of the funny things they think that no one knows about. Ever since I have known Joni she always asks me what I was thinking about at the most random times. At first I didn't like it because I am a private person and sometimes I like to keep thoughts private, but then I started saying some of the thoughts out loud when she asked and it was really funny to hear from another person's perspective how random you can be. Come to think of it, I think everyone should say what they really think more often. It might be kind of scary at first but it actually feels very liberating sometimes. It's also a good way to offend people but hey...no one is perfect. It is funny too how certain thoughts are repeated more often than others. I found out that I think a lot about different super powers. I came to the conclusion that having the power to transport anywhere at anytime with anyone is a pretty tough one to beat. Believe me I have thought this one through a lot...try to beat it. Flying could be cool but what about when you don't want to travel? And what if it was cold? it is COLDER up in the air. I guess that is why I like Joni's sister Andrea, being around her reminds me how funny it is to other people when you speak your initial thoughts out loud. I was trying to post a picture of them but for some reason it won't work, so I apologize for another pictureless blog. I could change the color of the words like last time but it doesn't do the same thing. Maybe next time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah post a picture. I miss your pictures.
I often ask Glen just out of know where what he is thinking about too. I hate when he answers "nothing." You know that is not true we are all ALWAYS thinking of SOMETHING. I like to do that too. Sad thing is my thoughts are quite boring and not to exciting to share. I probably could get myself in trouble for sharing them too often.:)

Anonymous said...

It's easy, Paul, to follow your random thoughts because I've known you all your life, and enjoy your openness. It has been my experience that one has to be careful what is said around others you don't know well, or others with whom you don't feel safe. It's easier to be open and honest, but when others misread what you are saying, or you are not being very clear with your thoughts, not being understood can be devastating. I appreciate friends and family members who understand "Freddy Mikisms" and don't hold it against me. It is most safe when others don't take what you say personally, or use what you say against you, or just plain misinterpret what you said. Keep up your terrific random thoughts, and we like the pictures too. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh, please - - you don't know what you're asking! I went to college back in the "olden days" of no computers - - just typewriters --no deletes, and the only correction tool was a correction back space - - or do overs. I think many a tree was sacrificed for the college paper cause during those years. I'd NEVER trade even a slow computer for the old Smith Corona electric! (and electric was "modern!")

I like the random thought thing. Mine are often kinda' circular - - -like the other day: On the way home from Idaho Falls the other day, I saw cows in a corn field, which led to "Little Boy Blue" music, which led to the Blue Men, which led my thoughts to Las Vegas shows, then to Elvis, and I started singing "Love Me Tender." Jim asked what made me think of that - -then laughed his head off when I tried to explain! I guess engineer types never do that; everything is all nice and tidy and sequencialized. But man, does he get excited about wires and speakers and networked systems - - -which does nothing for me. I guess that's what makes relationships fun and interesting.

The super power I'd wish for? Wow! I think it would depend on the day. I guess I'd wish I could chose each morning the one I wanted for that day.

Anonymous said...

If my lovely wife saw cows in the field she would be hoping that she could point out to me, "Look honey...cows...doing it!"

I.... however am NEVER random.

Anonymous said...

Flying would be my superpower of choice. I like how in the new Superman movie, there is a sonic boom when he needs some quick acceleration.

I watched Fantastic 4 tonight with Carter. It was an ok movie but really fun to watch with Carter. He was mesmorized by all the different superheros and was cheering when they were beating the bad guy. He said, "Dad, I want to have fire on my body and fly like that guy!" I'll put the matches in a safe place.

Anonymous said...

I guess I agree with Pablo on the superpower thing. Cause if you can teleport you can basically fly, just reappear in the air, etc. It would kind of bite if you couldn’t see the future place you teleport to and end up in a precarious place like a brick wall, or airplane path or the same spot as your teleporting brother or something.

Maybe telekinesis would be cool if you could manipulate things on an atomic level. Then you could have lots of super powers all at once.

Maybe I am giving this too much thought.

I too often daydream of having super powers.

Heroes is on tonight!!! It sucks having the only two shows I like being on the same night, same time, during FHE of course. 

Anonymous said...

you changed your blog, looks great!
I guess there are times that moms don't need to dream about superhero powers, there are times as a mom (or dad) you just have them!

Anonymous said...

Paul do you want me to put those sidelinks back up for you? Are call me and I will teach you how over the phone.