Wednesday, November 8, 2006

My life as an actor

I was thinking the other day about something my mom and I talked about a few years back and for some reason I have never forgotten it. I thought my brothers would be interested to know(if you already don't) because it is another one of those questions that is really random but interesting. The question was, what actor do you think most fully portrays your life or the lives of those close to you? I recently read about a couple who did something similar except they asked each other what famous person would they like to play them in a movie about thier life story. It was funny because the wife asked the husband who he thought would be a good fit for him, and he thought about it and said, "Dennis Quaid, and you would be Reese Witherspoon". The wife thought for a moment and said, "if you are Dennis Quaid then I am playing myself". I guess it was funnier when I read it because it was on one of those airplane magazines and I was really tired. But anyways...Joni and I are too much the same as you probably know by now because she has always been as random as me when asking questions, but it really makes for an interesting conversation. Here are some examples: What are five features that you would HAVE to have if you built or bought a house? what 3 cd's would you keep if you could only listen to those 3 the rest of your life? what inanimate object could you not live without? etc, etc. It really helps you to get to know someone better than the typical "where are you from" type questions. It was funny because when Joni and I started dating, I don't know if I knew much about her as far as personal history goes, but I knew what foods she craved, and what the best skittle combination was. I think we both just really like asking questions that make you think and that can bring out your personality. The questions never seem to be answered directly, but a funny story will always ensue. I can't wait to ask some of the primary kids some of thier ideas because kids have some of the best answers...by the way we have the 10 and 11 year olds. I still remember at Glen and Kendi's wedding Joel and I had to sit at a table with all of the kids twelve and under...I about peed my pants when Joel asked them what they thought about world peace.

Back to the main question...with my mom and the actors question, this is what she said( and let this answer the question-does mom have a favorite?... you tell me): Steve-Nicholas Cage. She said it was because of his wry sense of humor but I thought it was really because of the hairline thing along with the ever present 5 o'clock shadow. Glen-Tom Hanks. I had to wonder, does Tom Hanks scrunch up in a ball when he laughs? Once again I thought it might be the hair. Joel-Harrison Ford. Who does mom have a crush on? you guessed it, the perfect manly man with a sense of humor that drives women crazy. For some reason I can't see Harrison Ford in a family circle talking about butt's and smells. And lastly, Paul-Kevin Bacon. WHHAAAAT? when I desperately asked for an explanation she told me the Kevin Bacon from Footloose...even better mom...am I spastic? After the initial shock I actually thought it was pretty funny, as are all answers to random questions. What is your take?

22 comments:

Melecia said...

Oh cool - I'm the first one to comment - this is new! Actors for my brothers & sisters. Steve - Silver Screen would be young Jimmy Stewart - I've always loved him Steve. Modern actor to portray Steve - that's harder...mmmm... Bill Pullman? Luke Perry? Glen mmmm... maybe Will Farrell or Ray Ramano. Joel - Dougray Scott (Mission Possible & Ever After) for looks, humor Jack Black!
Paul - (Paul? on Flags of our Fathers & Eight Below - You have to see this actor- it's uncanny how much he looks like Paul) Humor-
Will Farrell again! That young funny guy from the office reminds me of a family member too.
Things Rhett & I talk about until I try & change the subject? The five year plan, the ten year plan, and the twenty year plan, and when Rhett will be running for President (I adore the guy, though)
Rhett needs some randomness in his life! I think next time he calls I'll ask him some of these questions.

Melecia said...

Paul - the actor's name is actually Paul Walker.

Paul and Joni said...

thats funny stuff...picturing Gloin and Will Ferrel, Steve as Luke Perry, and Joel as Jack Black. I put my picture on a website that measures your facial structure and it came up like 85% Paul Walker...wierd

Anonymous said...

Paul - don't let the Paul Walker thing go to yer head. Kendi and Megan say that he's the hottest guy on earth.

Will Ferrel? I guess we have a similar physique, especially when I get really drunk and streak the neighborhood.

Steve does have the one eyebrow up and one down look that Luke Perry has. That's a good one.

Jack Black for Joel is also good.

Kendi's dad thought that Melecia looks like Monica Lewinski! Everyone died laughing and then he said that and he replied, "What?? Monica's hot!"

Paul and Joni said...

thats pretty funny, just don't let melecia get near the white house...j/k meleesh. I could see Kendi's dad saying that. Will Ferrell does have a pretty nice physique

Melecia said...

where can i find this facial structure website?

Melecia said...

Oh the Monika Lewinsky thing - yes, I've heard that a few MILLION times! I agree that she is hot - what a hottie! I have my own Asian fan club in Colorado. After the scandal broke, I was mobbed. THen when I went to the commissary, most of the staff is Asian, and they greeted me great big grins "Monika!" I said "My People" Madison thought up the Jack Black one for Joel! As you can see, we have too much time on our hands today!

Maude said...

Awesome ideas and comments! Truly! But I've changed, now I have the more modern actors to view. I'll give you a new list after I think a bit - -count on it! :) The Paul Walker thing is right on! Oh - - and Melecia, I'll be very interested to see how far your random conversations go with Rhett. I try them with Jim and he just looks at me funny and asks, ". . and where did that come from?" (I had the flu for two days; today, I was back to my "normal" self and he said, "Hmmm, I hoped that maybe you'd come back at half strength - - -just so I could keep up!":) Sorry if I passed any of this along! I think engineers types are so sequential and "mentally efficient," they totally struggle with random ideas. Let me know how it works!

Maude said...

P. S. You're going to love the 10-11 year olds - - -and they will love you! Speaking of random, that's the perfect age for random. It will be such fun, and you'll have great stories to share. What a neat calling. And Paul - - -no favorites, but I still think Joel has the Harrison Ford quizzical half funny/half frustrated look like Joel has. My favorite is still actually Sean Connery - - -and Jim looks like him - - -especially the eyebrows - - -so get over it, child! :)

Anonymous said...

Melecia: Kind of a cross between Ashley Judd and Kate Blanchett (personality)

Rhett: Lee Majors

Jenny: Cross between Reese Witherspoon and Kate Hudson

Glen: Tim Robbins

Kendi: Tori Spelling (sorry, the Luke Perry comments about me got me thinking)

Freddy Mike: Ben Kingsly

Susan: I am totally stumped on this one

Joel: Robin Williams (picture the bearded one with Jub’s Antarctica pics)

Paul: Jim Carrey

Joni: Tough one. Maybe Natalie Portman or Mini Driver (personality wise)

Mom: Susan Sarandon?

Jim: Ed Harris

Paul and Joni said...

The website is www.myheritage.com, then you have to browse the site for face recognition, "find the celebrity in you". You post a picture and it tells you your top look a likes. Joni's was Rita Hayworth (the young version) and mine was Paul Walker. We did Bess and hers was Charles Barkley...lol. Credit Kendi with finding the cool site.

Maude said...

Thanks Paul - - and Kendi - - for that site. That was fun! I learned: Jim: Johannes Rau (?), Jacque Roffe (?), Yogi Berra(!) Me: Kate Richardson (?) and Julie Andrews. Hmmm. Now I don't know what to think.

Anonymous said...

This was a fun blog to read. Melecia's Monica look alike period was handled with grace. I went through the same thing with hundreds of comments that said I looked like Bob Newhart. When we were last in NYC we went to stand early in the morning at the front of Rockefeller square for the "Today Show." We had hoped to see Katie Couric before she moved over to the nightly news and were disappointed she wasn't there. We met a kindly older couple who had gone often to be part of the street fan club, and he was likewise disappointed. Then he said Susan looked and talked like Katie, and that was good enough for him. I could see some similiarity, and it fit well enough for me. I like those questions, Paul. I'll try them on the gang here. It will be fun to have President Jefferies stay with us tomorrow night. Dad

Maude said...

I did the heritage thing with a "children" photo (minus Paul)taken 3 years ago. Results?
Steve: James Dean, Wentworth Miller
Glen: Al Pacino, Johnny Depp, Steven Segal, Gary Cooper
Joel: Tom Welling, Thomas Taylor Thomas, Angelina Joli (?)
Melecia: Gabriela Sabatini, Nick Lachey (?)

Anonymous said...

I can totally dig being Wentworth Miller. He is my favorite character on my favorite show. I laughed out load when I heard Steven Segal for Gloin and Jolie for Jub.

Anonymous said...

Never had Anjelina Jolie. I've heard Tom Hanks, Matt Perry from friends, and Jack Black. The guy that took my ballet said Dale Earnhardt Jr. I had to google him because I had no clue what he looks like.

Steve: I remember thinking luke perry back in the day and I've never gotten that out of my head

Glen: I like the will robins/steven segal

Paul: Sure, Paul Walker sounds good

Melecia: Yep, Monica Lewinski

I guess its bad to go last, I was influnced by the comments that I read.

Anonymous said...

I love Reese and Kate so I'm happy with those...thanks honey!!
As for that dumb who do you look like site..I was told Queen Latifah...do I look black?

Anonymous said...

I think everyone was pretty smart to play it safe and not say who the females look like EXCEPT Steve! brave very brave. Ummm....Tori Spelling. Sure I'd love to have her body but dang I sure hope I don't have her face, and well we know I dont have her body so....well nevermind.

Good thing you complimented your wife though, otherwise you might have been in the dog house!
Just kidding.

I am awful about saying who likes like who so I just am not going to do it and plus like Joel said I guess your kind of influenced by those that were mentioned before.

Good blog Paul, you keep us all on our toes.

Paul and Joni said...

Queen Latifah...pretty funny...almost as good as Charles Barkley

Paul and Joni said...

Okay I did my own - trying to use some names not used so far. If you want to know who any of the actors are you can look at IMDb.com - JONI

Maude - Gwenyth Paltrow
Jim - Ed Harris
Melecia - Emmy Rossum - Phantom of the Opera
Rhett - Chris O'donnell
Kendi - Rachel McAdams or Kathrine Heigl "Izzy" from Grey's Anatomy
Kendi's Bro Ryan - Scott Caan - Oceans 11
Kendi's sis Megan - Kirsten Dunst
Glen - John Cusak
Steve - Anthony Edwards (E.R.)"goose"
Jen - Naomi Watts or Samantha Mathis - Little Women
Joel - David Arquette or Christian Bale on Batman Begins, The Prestige
Paul - James Caviezel - Frequency, Count of Monte Cristo (eyes)
Mikey - Stanley Tucci
Susan - Kate Winslet

Anonymous said...

Don't sell out, dude. :)

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,