Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cold feet lead to interesting work days

I just want everyone to know that I have officially "lost it". Either that or I really need this internship to be over A.S.A.P.

You are probably thinking I'm just exaggerating, but I will let you read what I did today and then you can tell me if I've got a few screws loose.
Okay so here's a little background:
I had to teach 2 1/2 hour diabetes meal planning class this morning. I also had 6 assignments/projects to be handed in today. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like this (mainly because we are evaluated on EVERY move we make in our rotations). So I stayed up super late on Valentines evening putting finishing touches on homework... I even planned out what I was going to wear to teach my class.
A little more background (I promise this is leading somewhere)
Our house gets really chilly at night. I always get dressed and then wear my oh-so-cute bright pink fuzzy slippers while I do my hair and make up.
I finished getting ready, gathered my stuff and headed out on the 20 minute drive to work ... forgetting one key element ... ... ... ...
I figured out right as people were starting to arrive to my class that something was not quit right... I FORGOT TO TAKE OFF MY OH-SO-CUTE PINK FUZZY SLIPPERS. Pretty professional looking, right?
I didn't have enough time to drive home so all I could do was belly laugh till I was blue in the face. Eventually we dug up a ratty old pair of black walking shoes that I ended up wearing the rest of the day.
The class ended up going just fine - once I contained my giggles.
I think I need a VACATION

8 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That is so funny! What a great ice breaker for your class. One time I went to the grocery store and when I got out of the car, I looked down and had on two different shoes. It was pretty funny. I probably should have gone home and fixed my footwear, but heck, I was already there, so I went in and did my shopping. I got a few stares and some laughs. Crazy!!

Sorry you are so busy. I can't believe they gave you that much work on Valentine's Day. Maybe you guys can celebrate this weekend, or did you already?

Hang in there. You are almost done! We're so excited to see you!!

Susan

I think you need to change my blog address to www.moorefunincolorado.com
Check it out!

Anonymous said...

It seems like we get performance anxieties so easily, then when it's done, it's a temporary relief until the next time we have to perform. They say it gets better with time, but a little anxiety helps to do your best. I'm glad you felt it went well. Your fuzzy slippers story reminded me of when I was in the Army on active duty, I ran with our platoon to get on a bus to go to a rodeo on our first Saturday off. The sergeant caught me in front of all the other troops with my field hat on backwards and shouted: "Moore! Are you coming or going?" The laughter from others was embarrassing, but it brought me a few more friends (who sympathized). I thought of you this week while I was visiting my good friend Gordon Langford at Longmont United Hospital who is having chemotherapy for leukemia, antibiotic for pneumonia, and treatment for a fungas on his lungs. The chemo prompted orders for diabetic food, and this cute dietician came in and talked to him about what he was eating and what he wanted to eat to counter the symptoms he was having. We talked about what you are doing in Dallas. You are now even more famous. Hang in there. Love, Mike

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! It's like the dream where you go to school in your underwear... but not so bad.

Those slippers aren't really something that people could overlook. Funny.

Joel said...

That's a funny story. I can't believe you didn't realize it until you got all the way to work.

Maude said...

Way funny, Joni! I can picture the entire scene, and it's especially neat that you were able to have a good laugh. Good for you. Now that's concentration - - or tunnel vision - - or focus - -when you have your mind so completely on the task at hand that you forget your feet! I can identify a bit, I guess. The boys used to tease me about being so focused on my class at school that "If you need anything from Mom, ask before she gets inside the school building, 'cause once she's there, there's nothing else on her mind until she leaves." (It wasn't quite THAT bad, guys!)

Cute photo of you, also. You are still beautiful, even with the fuzzy pink slippers! I hope this weekend give you some time to play and rest and relax.

Anonymous said...

Great & funny blog Joni! I sympathize with your busy schedule! Hope that vacation comes soon!
Love,
Melecia

Anonymous said...

When you decide where your going on your "much needed vacation" let me know. I am IN!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,