Tuesday, March 13, 2007






We had some visitors this weekend. My dad and Susan came down for a couple of days to see how we lived down here. Saturday we went down to the farmer's market after a tour of Baylor, they have it every day down here year round, and it is huge. It was fun to walk around and buy some fresh fruit and veggies for a good deal, and eat pinelapple chunks cut right off the pineapple with a knife by the vendor. The way it is all set up reminds me a lot of South America. There is some really cool rustic looking furniture, and some wierd stuff that you would only see in Texas, like cowhide covered furniture. We made some really good burgers and had sweet corn, with fresh strawberries and pineapple in a fruit dip that Joni made. Friday night we went to a cool fondu restaraunt, and Sunday we drove down to College Station after church. I was able to see a lot more of campus and I couldn't help but get butterflies with excitement walking through my future building. College Station seems like a really cool town and I have a feeling living there will be a much more positive experience. We spent last night in Houston with friends after dropping off dad and Susan at the airport. I must say Dallas is way smaller than Houston and a lot cleaner too. After hurricane Katrina, Houston was the place most of the people affected went. It just seems like maybe Houston didn't get the best New Orleans had to offer. We were really glad to come back home after having such a fun weekend, and now it is back to business for me, and back to business next week for Joni as this week is her spring break and Andrea is visiting now. I think I am getting a cold, which is probably why I sound so boring right now, and why I will have to stop soon for fear of dripping my nose on the keyboard...thats gross. My picks for the final four are A&M (surprise over Ohio State?), Georgetown, Wisconsin, and Kansas. I think Oregon and Washington State are going to be tough to be beat, and I want to see Nevada and New Mexico State do something special.

In front of the liberal arts building at A&M

11 comments:

Maude said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend, and I'm glad you're still feeling so excited about A & M. So many good thngs ahead for you two, I'm sure. Enjoy the rest of that Spring Break, Joni. You've earned it!

Jim was curious about Houston. He said when he traveled there, downtown Houston was really neat. Is that the part that has changed? How far is Houston from College Station?

Paul and Joni said...

Downtown was pretty cool, we just noticed a lot of bums...and I think we could have driven through the rougher areas because of all of the grafitti and abandoned buildings. College Station is 1 1/2 hours north west of houston

Anonymous said...

Paul -
The pictures are really nice! I would love to see that farmer's market. I'm glad Dad & Susan got to go down there and see you. That's cool to get butterflies on campus -it's going to be a blast!
-Melecia

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Paul:

I just found out that some people that used to be in our ward (a super-nice Tongan or Samoan ex-BYU football player husband, cute, tall, ballerina wife--four kids or so)have moved to College Station!! He is in the football program there as a recruiter or something like that. I'm sure that they would be really helpful for you to talk to about housing and the church, etc. Their last name is Kema, I can find out more info about them if you want!!

Thanks for the wonderful weekend. We had so much fun and are so pleased at the great things you two are doing. I just wanted you and Joni to know that the boogers all came out of my skirt!! We loved your cute little class.

xo,
Susan and Dad

Anonymous said...

Fun times! Makes me want to come down to Texas and visit you guys. First things first though. I've got to shingle the roof and take Kendi on that beach vacation I've been promising her.

I'm 15K points aways from having two roundtrip tickets anywhere in the continental U.S., so maybe we'll use them and do a little Texas two-step down to San Padre Island. Is that close enough to College Station that you could meet us there? Problem is, I don't travel much so that could take me another year before I get the mileage.

Paul and Joni said...

I think South Padre island is about 5-6 hours south, not totally sure though. I did hear from someone that the water along the texas coast is brown all the way down...that could just be talk though. The Broncos are playing in Houston this year, we are for sure getting tickets. Plus College Station is a cool little town, consider this an open invitation for whom ever would like to come.

Josh and Amanda said...

Hey it was good to have you come down and visit! We love to have company, we don't get much down here in the armpit of Texas..hahaha!! You'll have to come back this summer and we can go down to Galveston and hang out on the beach! I'm excited for you guys to be closer! My final four picks are Oregon, Kansas, Washington State and Ohio! Go Cougs!! =)
~A~

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like you guys had a fun time. I like having visitors. It's fun to show people around.
Maybe we can be YOUR visitors next?
I bet you will love college station and you guys won't want to leave!

Anonymous said...

College Station is one of the nicest campuses I've ever seen. I can see you and Joni using that fantastic recreation center and going to games in that monster stadium. It's fun being with you and catching your contageous interest in sports. You carry that football around like it's your dolly. I'm wishing we had a farmer's market so wonderful as you have. What a deal, and so yummy! I must have caught your cold, which reared it's ugly self this morning. Love to you two sweeties. Dad

Paul and Joni said...

I wasn't sick while you two were here, bad luck I guess. I feel better already though aside from a little congestion

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,