Do you ever feel like you aren't the age your birth certificate says? Well we took that thinking to a whole new level yesterday, and after what we did I couldn't help but think its pretty funny. I had work off yesterday and we were thinking of things to do, so after doing our "chores" we went to the gym and I played basketball for two hours while Joni worked out. Then since money is tight, we went to the atm and printed off a crisp new $20 bill and decided to do whatever we wanted with it as long as we spent it all. Sound familiar? You get money when your 12 and you start to think how many differerent candies you can buy, and which GI Joe to get at the toy store. Anyways, we were hungry and Joni loves the rolls they serve at Texas Roadhouse, so we went there and ate 3 baskets of rolls with cinnamon butter, and shared a meal. The waitress just kept bringing out more rolls, we thought it was pretty funny and a little bit embarrassing, but we couldn't say no. Then on the way home we stopped to get a movie, but instead we rented a nintendo game called Rampage. Remember the game with the giant gorilla, lizard and wolf that destroyed buildings and ate people? Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool too. After all that we still had $1.50 left, so we went over to cvs pharmacy across the street and bought 3 candy bars. We ended up staying up most of the night playing the game and taking out our stress on buildings from London to Las Vegas. I recommend anyone play this game if you liked the old school version of Rampage from the 80's. The best part of it all? Waking up and seeing Joni in front of the tv by herself saying, "Hey Paul I got a sweet new move and a new monster...it's a lion."
If you look at the picture you will also notice a toy gun on the ground, with red sticky darts, I forgot how fun the game is we used to play when you shoot the gun at the tv and whoever it lands on is your girlfriend for the moment. Allright, enough of that, what would you do with a $20 bill on a Thursday night?


10 comments:
What a fun day - -and way to relieve stress. You two are the perfect pair, you know?! I love your free spirits, and it's awesome that you can still have so much fun on a 20. My opinion is that we should NEVER lose the child part within us. It took me some years to learn that, but I have more fun every year I live! I've never done the video game thing much because I'm too uncoordinated, or too hyper, or something, but I can just see you two competing/cheering each other on. Yippee for Joni and Paul - - -and pickles! :)
Rampage rocks!!! I loved thrashing a building all the way down to almost nothing before it fell then wait for someone else to stand on it just so you could pummel them. Or just goofing off in boxing matches and stuff.
I'm so boring though...I'd likely stick the 20 bucks in my scooter fund or buy some stain or something dumb like that.
Sounds like you guys had a good time.
I agree with your mom, you two are the perfect pair and you have the best imaginations and the most fun of probably anyone I know!!! I hope you never grow out of that. It doesn't take a lot of money to be happy just a little creativity and the right attitudes!!
Keep having fun!!
Susan
I love rolls at our roadhouse out here - totally agree! Sharing a meal is a totally great way to save money. Steve... you're saving up for a scooter? Cool! What color, make & model? For 20$ right now... mmmm...get some take out, drive 5 miles (at $3.90 a gallon), and watch the sunset with my hubby. AWWWWW! Wish I could hang out with y'all.
-Melecia
Well the scooter thing has evolved kinda. I'm in about my 5th year of looking at them. Looking more seriously for about 2 years. I started out looking at the cheapies...but being the nutso researcher that I am when pricing things I eliminated lots...I narrowed my choices down to just a few. I went to a more expensive but quality model, but not so expensive as the overpriced Vespas.
Here's a link to my favorite/decent priced scooter at this time:
http://www.genuinescooters.com/buddy.html
Cool scooters, Steve! I think these are the ones they sell at that little shopping area near us in Richland. Are you thinking pink? :)
Steve,
That's interesting that you want a scooter! Your dad has wanted one for as long as I have known him. I have just discouraged him since he would probably be killed his first time on the road--you know what I mean? I'm sure you would be just fine.
Happy shopping!
Susan
I really need to spend more days like this. Maybe one of these weekends we'll just have to follow suit. I think it could be pretty fun!
Too bad we didn't get to see Joni when she was here. We appreciate her trying. We would have loved to seen her, I am sure the kids could have entertained her.
That looks pretty fun. Rampage was a good one.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment