Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Belated Birthday blog

Happy birfday doey! I call her doey ever since I heard her niece say it because she couldn't pronounce "Joni". I wanted to post something a couple days ago, but time did not permit...what a lame excuse.

I love Joni's little "surprised hands", she clasps them under her chin, then sways her body...starting with her butt...back and forth. I got her a little cake because she would have killed me if I got a big one with just the two of us.




Joni just turned 62 years old, she loves using the camera timer, but I think she got a little mixed up witht the numbers. By the way, I just noticed that my head is 3 times the size of Joni's, pretty cool huh?

We went to Johnny Carino's for dinner and ate until we were uncomfortably full, and I took her shopping at the mall, yeah you heard that right. One of the best presents I could give Joni is to show patience and watch her look at clothes. She ended up getting some cool stuff, and I thought it was pretty cool that she is so into buying Texas A&M stuff for herself. By the time we leave here we'll probably have to decorate an entire room with Aggie stuff. We decided to catch the midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie, what kills me is that someone took thier 3 kids, 6 months, 2 years, and 5 years to the movie. Not just because they were screaming and crying the WHOLE time, or because the movie is way too scary for younger kids, but it was midnight...why are they even awake? These people need to be shipped off to some compund in Saudi Arabia...that was for you Meleesh. Or maybe we could trade messed up people with some nicer foreigners who are having trouble getting into our country. I find the people who are the most vocal about shipping out illegals are usually the ones we don't want here anyways. I do agree something needs to be done to our borders...but that is a whole other subject.
Joni is the type of person that makes life worth living. I have learned to appreciate some of the littlist things in life because of her influence. No matter who she is with, she can find something to belly laugh about...it could be about anything, but it is never a cruel laugh. The other day I fell over our bed when I was trying to fix the frame, she had the control to hold her composure until she knew I was okay, then she lost it. I hope we keep having fun until she really is 62, and not just because the candles say so. I am pretty lucky to be with such a beautiful girl.
Anyhoo, as promised I wanted to share the card I got for her...we also got some pretty good ones from other people...I can't find mine though, so I will have to do my best to translate it. There is a picture of two owls on the cover sleeping, it looks like a serious card at first which makes it even better. It says something like: "I bet you weren't expecting this for your birthday...open the card...a pair of droopy hooters." Maybe it was the time of day, I don't know, but I lost it in front of a lot of people.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to talk with you last night Paul - I'm going to call you guys a lot this next year. I love how much you love your wife, and the incredible, fun person she is. I think I'll have to track down that "hooters" card for my friend's birthday! It sounds like you had a great day - shopping and all!
Love, Melecia

Paul and Joni said...

Geez sorry everyone. Dont mind my belly hanging out of the top picture paul put on there. I had just gotten home from the gym when paul decided we needed to make a run to the store so I threw on jeans... blah blah blah anyways i didn't have on my G's! :)
Thank you paul for the super sweet blog. Love ya.

JONI

Anonymous said...

That was a great blog/tribute to Joni for her birthday, Paul! She is a beautiful and fun girl and we love her too! Happy Birthday, Joni! Hope you got our card and sorry we are late on calling!
Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Joni! Sorry we missed calling you...our bad.
That is cute that your niece calls you Doni....Bess calls you Paul(sounds more like Paaaau) and calls Paul daddy. She probably wonders why her daddy is hugging such a beautiful lady, that isn't her mom. I think that could be confusing. Don't you think poligamy would be weird to grow up in?
Love you guys and we miss you lots. Hurry and graduate Paul so that we can plan on our next move together :).

Anonymous said...

That is a priceless blog! You both are sooo cute and fun together. Even if doey is 62 we still love her. I really look forward to your free floating blogs. It makes the day happier. Love, Dad

Andrea said...

Joni,
I hope you guys find a lot of fun things to do with the squirt gun! Maybe it will help give you some relief from the heat!

Andy

Maude said...

Happy Birthday again, Joni. You look darn good - - -and I'm sure you still will be fun and pretty at 62. The relationship that you and Paul share just makes me smile. You are surely loved by him - - -and us, too!

Joel said...

Happy birthday, Joni. We miss you guys a lot and can't wait to see you. . . whenever that is.

Joel said...

I left a message last night. It did not show up. How strange. Happy Birthday Joni. We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,