Joni and I scored front row seats to the Broncos/Cowboys game last night...okay so it was upperdeck, but still, we only paid $7.50 for two tickets valued at $65 a piece. I chose not to wear my big orange #7 jersey for safety reasons, but I yearned for it once we were there. There is something very invigorating about wearing the opposing team's jersey in front of a bunch of drunken Texans. Texas Stadium is pretty historic...historically dumpy, but we had a blast anyways even though the Broncs got walloped in the first half. We were greatful for the cloudiness, because it lowered the temperature quite a bit, but it was still hot enough to be uncomfortable. Joni was hungry so we had to take out a loan to buy some super bowl nachos and a hot dog. It was pretty funny because we finally got to a point after sitting down that sweating came at a minimal flow, but then we scarfed down those spicy hot nachos, and we were back to square one. We looked at each other and started laughing because no words needed to be said, our tummy's felt better but we were using the napkins for my sweaty dome instead of wiping sauce off of our faces.
Joni caught me looking at the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders in the pic below, kind of embarrassing I had my mouth open and drooling. Actually, I was checking out the Broncos bench...how gay am I? Who chooses to look at close ups of guys in tight pants over beautiful girls in short shorts that an 8 year old can fit into.



And of course, what sporting event experience is complete without the town drunk sitting next to you screaming the whole time. I was okay with the guy making a fool of himself, but at least be creative about it. He kept yelling, "HEY...HEY...HEY...HEY YOU...HEY". All you have to do to make me giggle is say,"HEY...CUTLER I'M OPEN" or something, but this guy couldn't say anything but, "HEEEEEEY, HEY, HEEEEEEEY!".

11 comments:
Thanks for the neat and detailed update. The day sounds fun, even it it wasn't the best game in the world - -except for the ticket. Darn!
We'll be watching and praying on the hurricane thing. I was thinking this afternoon that I haven't had such a keen interest in what hurricanes are doing since Melecia lived in Florida. Be safe and careful, okay?
I'm excited for you about school beginning. I can't imagine that you'll be the oldest one. A lot of people return to get a masters after working awhile. I actually think it is an advantage, as you can bring real-life experience to what you're learning. Can't wait to hear about your impressions, your internship, etc. Your blog is always fun to read because of the detail and your commentary on things. Thanks, Paul.
Love you both. We'll pray Dean plays itself out south of you.
I'm VERY concerned about my son who looks at men through binoculars with his mouth open. Then he watches the men run faster to impress the girls. Are you sure you're gauking at the correct gender? Indeed that is an impressive work-out facility.
The Broncos had a pathetic start in that game. In HP group while we were talking about keeping the Sabbath holy the comment was made it will be easier not watching on Sunday when the Broncos aren't winning every time. We didn't watch the second half because we were playing games with the Boise Moores which was much more fun.
I'm sure you will find others in graduate school who are closer to your age and you can be "Paul the Younger" again. It's fun watching you be all growed up. Love, Dad
I know a good joke about Texas Stadium. Actually it's not so good: "Why did the seagull fly upside down over Texas Stadium? Because the Cowboys aren't worth a crap!" ...The beauty of the joke is that you can substitute any sports team for the Cowboys. I'm sure Dad will be using that one at the club this week.
Good luck as you start school. I would think that 26-27 would be the average age if it's like the program at BYU.
Did you know that the Dallas Cowboys use to be my favorite team? I think it was after they won the superbowl (the did win a superbowl, right?) and I was in love with Troy Aikmen (sp). I had one of those team pullover jackets. Remember when those were popular? It was sweet. Sure wish I still had it!!! ha ha ha
You guys are so good about enjoying time with each other and you both make it such a priority. I think Glen and I need to be more spontaneous and fly by the seat of pants people...I think I am too much of a mom and Glen is too much of a budgeter. Dang kids and money get in your way everytime.
Have fun for us.
Miss you guys!
Hey Kendi, did you have big hoop ear rings and shave the sides of your head too? Or did you just like the Cowboys because they had a star on thier helmet? I kid, I kid. Joni told me she actually likes the Cowboys after living in Dallas, of course she likes the Broncos more, but we weren't friends for a little while after she told me that. Glen, I hope you are right about the age thing. Of course at BYU everyone was 26-27 years old in grad school, nobody in Utah graduates before the age of 24...or in Joel's case 27.
That sounds like a fun football game experience!! The pictures are fun. I like the one of your feet up on the railing.
I just started a college Spanish class at our local community college and I am at least 25 years older than the next oldest person!! I feel kind of old and dorky, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun!!
Good luck on Monday! Keep having fun! Glad you got season tickets to watch Texas A&M football. That is an incredible stadium!!
Love,
Susan
That's so cool going to a Bronco game! You were probably smart not to wear your Bronco stuff until you decided it was safe. I like your study on guys impressing girls at the track. That is so true, and funny! It sounds like an amazing gym!
-Melecia
You and Joni seem to have fun doing everything...we all need to follow your example more!
How's school treating you, Paul?Let me know if you need any "real world" examples to study! :-)
HR is great!
Andrea
GO MONTANA STATE! LOL
Ryan
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment