As promised, here are some pics from the football game.


It was pretty crowded, here I am playing the role of little spoon with the guy behind me...
And here I am playing the role of big spoon. Even though I am smiling here I enjoyed the role of little spoon facing Joni a little more than spooning the big guy. There isn't enough room to stand straight, so when the teams get closer to your side of the field, you have to switch angles.
The game was really fun, as wierd as it sounds though we always get a little mad when we go because we wish we could "share" the experience with family. So if you plan on visiting us sometime, come during football season. If we can't go to the game at least we can go to yell practice the night before.
School is going well. Right now I am doing a lot of interviewing with companies for internships. There are a lot of companies that come right to our campus just for our program. We apply for the companies we are interested in, then we have to be selected just to interview. It's hard because you have all of your homework and classes to worry about, but then there are company presentations and information sessions almost every night, and interviews during the day. I have had to research a lot of companies before these sessions so I didn't sound like an idiot when I talked to them so that's pretty time consuming too. Tuesday I interview with Shell, Wednesday IBM, and Thursday British Petroleum...who knows what next week will be like. My first interview was with General Electric(GE) and it went pretty well, in fact I got a call from the corporate headquarters 2 days later and they want to fly me out to Connecticut in November to attend what they call "forum". They bring in about 100 students from all over the country to compete for about 60 internship positions. I am really excited about it and I feel like I have a pretty good shot. GE is an awesome company, little did I know that appliances and lightbulbs are actually thier smallest industry. They own NBC and they make jet engines, they were responsible for some of the Apollo missions to the moon, and the electronics of the Panama Canal...do I sound excited? Once again I am confident that our move here was the right one. I never could have dreamed of experiencing any of this in Utah, it's just crazy how close the ties are between these companies and the University. Being a return missionary is actually something that sets you apart here instead of blending in with the crowd.
The one thing that might be a "downer" is that there is a good chance I could live in a different city than Joni for about 3 months. That could be really hard but necessary if I want a good experience...especially an experience that isn't an oil and gas company. Another thing is most of the companies have training programs that last about the first 2 years you work for them. They move you to a different place every few months to get the all around experience, including other countires, then after 2 years you can make a decision where you want to go. It sounds crazy but we both love the idea of experiencing life in different places while we are still young. I am glad Joni supports me through all of this...but I had to laugh when she told me she would move anywhere but Mexico City. I guess when she saw how big it is when we flew into the city for our honeymoon, she got a little scared.
Joni is fitting right in at her job, I tease her because she has a little "soul power" in her. After being around her co-workers all day she comes home and talks like them, she even does the head sway thing while waving one finger in the air...it's seriously hilarious to catch her doing it when she doesn't even know what she did.

13 comments:
Man, those opportunities sound incredible. Living like without regrets is a good was to go. I sould like a motivational speaker. How embarassing, I'll stop.
We're super-excited for you, Paul! Sounds like life for Joni and you is terrific for you now - -and has tons of promise for the future. I totally agree with you about being "brave" and keeping yourself well-grounded but enjoying the opportunities that are "out there." You're a great couple together that way. Please keep keeping us posted about things. (Ooops - -bad English there!) It's always fun to read about the new stuff each week.
Love you lots.
Mom
P. S. The game looks incredible. What fun. Nothing like college football, especially with a crowd like that! I guess the BSU Broncos have started their "new win streak - - -and Utah beat UCLA! Wow. BYU is hating life right now. Ah! :)
Those do sound like awesome opportunities and experiences y'all are having done there! It strengthens the testimony that God knows what He's doing when He sends us crazy places!!
Good luck with the interviews! I know you'll shine above all the rest!
Love,
Susan
I can't stop laughing at the guy behind you in the pictures that seems very enthusiastic to be in your pictures.
Looks like a good time.
You're focusing on the right things Paul. It took me about a year to learn that placement should be priority #1 at school.
For 16 years, grades are the measuring stick of school success. Once you're in B School, you have to untrain yourself. Grades mean nothing, unless you want to go on for a PhD. Companies never ask for GPA. They figure that if you're in a good program, you've passed the GPA test already. It's your experience, personality and interviewing skills that set you apart to employers.
If A&M is anything like BYU, professors will give you more work than you can do but in the end, everyone gets "A"s and "B"s. I only heard of professors giving out 2 "C"s. They expect you NOT to do some of the work, take a lower grade and decide that sometimes other things are more important (getting a good job). It's near impossible to get straight As, prospect the way you should, and have free time.
Good advice Gloin, the work does seem like more than I can handle at times, I just don't know how things will turn out but it makes me feel better because I really do feel our professor's want us to succeed. Some of the subjects seem like "fillers" though, so we have enough credits to get a degree.
Steve, I can see now how those pictures can seem funny, I actually know those guys, they are in my program. But since I didn't mention that it is pretty funny when you see him smiling for all the pictures.
It looks like you're into the big leagues, Paul. What super opportunities you have! You and Joni have a very good situation. I hope you will remember your RM status means many wonderful things for you and your future, especially as you give the honor to the "higher power" that guides and helps motivate you.
The football games look crowded and one sided. Hope everybody wears deodorant! How about those Broncos? They are getting better and better.
Love you muchly, Dad
Well thanks a lot…now that I know he is someone you know, it is not nearly as funny. I just had this picture in my mind of some random guy that wanted to get in on the picture action. Ah well.
Hey, Paul, remember me when you're an HR big-wig somewhere, ok? I'll come work in your HR department! :-)
Andrea
Sounds like you have some awesome opportunities that your going to have your pick from. We'll be praying for you guys!
You people are all too deep for me!!
That's what happens when you are a mom...you become simple minded!!!
I'm happy for you that life is going so well!!!
You're a great couple who definitely
"seize the day"!
Go soul power! Also go maroon team! Also go internships!
Love,
Melecia
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment